no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Found my Rubi on the lot, white with black fenders and top. The wife just found her 2 door (Willys), red with black fenders and top. They are out there.
Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Another vote for the "order what you want."
My JLR with manual only took about 4 weeks to get.
Be sure to sign up for Treadlightly (last I checked). Gets you another percentage off the price.
Must be a TL member for at least a month before ordering though.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I bought my Punkin off the lot. It had painted tops and fenders. I decided that I could live with the painted fenders but not the top. They swapped the top with a sport so It would be black. it has a mopar headliner. I ate the rest of the painted top cost, the headliner only offset so much. The painted fenders with black trim isnt so bad.

orange jeep1.jpg

Pre mods pic.
I also prefer black fenders and top, but I have to admit, your ride looks awesome with just the black top.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
If you cant find the right one, buy one with the painted fenders, and swap with someone, or sell them. Put some nicer aftermarket fender on. They swap out easily.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my Punkin off the lot. It had painted tops and fenders. I decided that I could live with the painted fenders but not the top. They swapped the top with a sport so It would be black. it has a mopar headliner. I ate the rest of the painted top cost, the headliner only offset so much. The painted fenders with black trim isnt so bad.

orange jeep1.jpg

Pre mods pic.
That’s a good look. Reminds me of my old CJ’s with painted fender and black trim. Kinda retro! I like the black top as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders 2E4ABEA8-EE05-4F01-95BF-9ADC11D078DB
Jeep Wrangler JL no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders 2E4ABEA8-EE05-4F01-95BF-9ADC11D078DB

Sponsored

toecheese

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR MT
Occupation
Construction
I had to drive 4 hours to North Carolina to find a 2 door with the 8.4" that wasn't loaded. Everything near me with the 8.4" had pretty much every option and was near $50k.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have been searching online and I can't find a dealer within 2 hours of me (Northwest Arkansas) that has a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a black hard top and black fenders. Even the Jeeps that show "In Transit" all have body color hard top and fenders. Is this something Jeep is forcing on dealers, or is this just what the dealers around me think everyone wants?
Come down to DFW. There is a ton of none painted tops/flares

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have been searching online and I can't find a dealer within 2 hours of me (Northwest Arkansas) that has a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a black hard top and black fenders. Even the Jeeps that show "In Transit" all have body color hard top and fenders. Is this something Jeep is forcing on dealers, or is this just what the dealers around me think everyone wants?
It's just what the dealer thinks they can sell quickly and make the most on. People buying early frequently will pay more for features.

When I bought my recon last month, they had a couple on the lot with black top and black fenders. I wanted a plain black top but painted fenders. They had to locate mine on another of their lots.

Sponsored

GMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr

GMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr
I ordered
Jeep Wrangler JL no Rubicon with black hard top and fenders D3239DBB-26B5-46D3-A71C-6AF6CE826B70

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
Majority buying JLUR for mall crawling and wnat all painted, so dealer inventory reflects demand.
I got to admit that when I actually finally get one, I will probably spend a week in Silverton, CO, a couple weeks in Moab, UT, and a week in Hurricane, UT, every year and a side trip here and there elsewhere. Rest of year will be daily driver and maybe some what I call "back roading" (back roads in Arkansas can be adventurous sometimes though).

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Look further away. I drove 8 hours for my Rubicon, in July there were only 25 in this spec in the whole country.
Edit- Including soft/hard painted/non painted tops. I wasn't that picky. The guy telling you to check Texas is right, I'd bet money your Jeep is there.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
what did the dyno say?
It says Jeep has DRASTICALLY underrated this motor... its wayyyy badder than the specs... mine is at least
Sponsored