Sponsored

No rear seat

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
This is what I did too. Definitely thought it sounded better with sub cut-out.
Maybe instead of leaving intact or cutting out, you could punch holes in it and fashion a makeshift speaker grill? I might try that when I get mine. If I don't like it, cutting it out is still an option.

RedBaron91

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JLR
Maybe instead of leaving intact or cutting out, you could punch holes in it and fashion a makeshift speaker grill? I might try that when I get mine. If I don't like it, cutting it out is still an option.
I feel like that would take more time and effort than just cutting it out. Took me less than 5 minutes to cut out the sub opening and the tie down points on mine.

GreySportySpice

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Sport 6MT, 21' Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What is that metal plate covering the cargo area, any more pics or link to the item?
That is the diabolical slipstream cover. I actually have one and ran it for a while until my son was born and I needed the back seat.

If I had no need for the back seat I would still be running it. Functional use and slick design.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase

GreySportySpice

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Sport 6MT, 21' Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
What is that metal plate covering the cargo area, any more pics or link to the item?
As others have said, it is the Diabolical Slipstream. I'm using GPCA tie downs for the hard top bolts rather than what came from the factory.

I only have these photos because a buddy was curious about it as I was installing it. Gives you an idea of what it is though.

Jeep Wrangler JL No rear seat IMG_0294
Jeep Wrangler JL No rear seat IMG_0303
Jeep Wrangler JL No rear seat IMG_0302

Mine has developed some squeaks and rattles but I'm pretty tolerant of it. When the hard top is off I don't notice it as much. I think those could be fixed by coming back through with more foam padding I just haven't bothered. I got it primarily because I wanted a secure place to throw my laptop after work so I didn't always need to go straight home first, but it provides peace of mind any time the top is off. I don't use the pass through door on the front very often, biggest use it gets is I'll use it to secure my gun if I'm going in someplace I can't carry it. On the two door the front wall does not fold down flat like the four door do, there just isn't enough space there. There is a bit of a gap between the seats and the wall of this though, and that is still super handy for me as well. Overall I like it but it is provides no water protection so I still need to watch the weather when the laptop is under there. Also, the freedom panels of the hard top are just a touch too large to fit inside this trunk area. They fit fine on the top, and can be held down easily with a strap, it's just not as ideal as I would have liked.

To get the rear seat back in would involve removing the slipstream. For me it hasn't been an issue but I can see that being a deal breaker for many people.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Took the rear seat out day 1. Only reinstalled it once and probably won't do it again. The net is supposed to go against the tailgate, but it keeps my dog out of the front seat area and I can put about 4 large paper grocery bags behind the front seats and the netting. I usually lay down a furniture cloth pad (the type movers use) over the WeatherTech cargo liner for doggo. Love it. Tons of room. I've moved some pretty huge stuff in the back of it while remodeling my house, it becomes instantly roomier. I love the saddle-bags, but not the color. It was worth it though. All recovery gear and tools in both those bags and they don't get in the way.

Love the other setups. Great thread. Fun to read.

Jeep Cargo Area.jpg