Sponsored

No radio button after upgrading to 8.4 UConnect

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, you cannot simply swap out your Uconnect head-unit for a larger display or added capabilities. This is because each unit is built to a certain specification and your vehicles were manufactured to support those given features and functions. However, some features that you're hoping to acquire from a larger head-unit may require additional equipment/more complex firmware that your vehicle was not originally built to support.

If you're currently experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system and this is why you're looking into alternative options, please send us a private message! We'd like to look into those concerns so we can help turn your experience around.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

DesiraeP

First Name
Desirae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, you cannot simply swap out your Uconnect head-unit for a larger display or added capabilities. This is because each unit is built to a certain specification and your vehicles were manufactured to support those given features and functions. However, some features that you're hoping to acquire from a larger head-unit may require additional equipment/more complex firmware that your vehicle was not originally built to support.

If you're currently experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system and this is why you're looking into alternative options, please send us a private message! We'd like to look into those concerns so we can help turn your experience around.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
The 5ā€ radio is all around crappy, I donā€™t think there is anything you can do to help me turn my experience around after recently trading in a vehicle that had a 8.4ā€ UConnect, my wrangler has a 5ā€ and itā€™s worse than my 8.4ā€ was but Iā€™d rather stick with stock, so unless you can get my dealership to replace my radio with an 8.4ā€ then Iā€™m not sure what would make it any better šŸ˜¬šŸ˜…

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares I sent you guys/gals an IM last week about my UConnect issues. Any chance you could look into this for me? These bugs are annoying and I'd love it if a firmware update could squash at least a few of them. Thanks!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares I sent you guys/gals an IM last week about my UConnect issues. Any chance you could look into this for me? These bugs are annoying and I'd love it if a firmware update could squash at least a few of them. Thanks!
Hey there,

Sorry about that! We've been experiencing concerns with messages pulling through properly, recently. However, we were able to get back to you! Please check your inbox.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored