Sponsored

No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
19mos, 14k miles, love just about every minute w/ this ride. Only nic is that damn puny 17 gallon gas tank :(

cjjeep

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
The JL like any vehicle has issues/problems.... No vehicle leaves a production line without something wrong, that is related to a design flaw, problematic part, poor install of part, etc..

If your vehicle, has been back to the dealership and had any issue that was taken care of / fixed, thanks to a PCM update, a TSB performed, you did an adjustment, then your vehicle did have a problem. Yes, fixed but it did have a problem.

Yes, you may not be aware of the issue on your vehicle as the issue has not surfaced yet or you don't recognize that there is an issue, but again, there are things wrong with the vehicle..

In regard to the JL, specifically...

Example.... Any owner of a 2018 Wrangler JL will see his rear windshield washer assembly dripping fluid on a very hot day. JL owner is oblivious that this is an issue that can be remedied by placing a $3.00 valve in the feed tube to the assembly.

Example.... The 2018-2020, JL's dual battery system is flawed. IF you haven't had an issue with it,
chances are extremely high that you will.

Example... JL's ...all of them, have a problem in regard to it's front windshield defroster... all JL's have this design related issue/shortcoming.

There are many many other examples..
--------------
And yes, I truly like my JL but I know it well, lets say... I know it's strengths and weaknesses/ flaws, etc.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
15 months with mine, minor issues only...

Arrived at the dealer with a paint flaw from the factory and a rock chip from transport - both fixed by warranty, 8.4” Uconnect likes turning itself off at random intervals - at the dealership overnight waiting to be replaced in the morning, headlights, foglights and wipers ice up in Canadian winters (not a JL specific issue as my JK’s all did the same thing...it’s a wrangler thing).

Delivers better fuel mileage than most think (3.6, 8AT) Especially given the lift and 35’s it’s had since day 1. Hasn’t even hinted at not starting or giving mechanical issues, comfortable on long drives, capable off road, fun to own, fun to drive, gets glared at by Prius drivers, gets stared at by other motorists, goes wherever it’s pointed & doesn’t care what the weather is doing.

She’ll be with us for a very long time, if something isn’t perfect there’s a whole aftermarket for that.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
One year and 17,500 miles with nothing major to report. Only time it's been to the dealer is for the clutch recall.

It does have a couple of idiosyncrasies. Sometimes when I start the Jeep the AC will be on when I had it off and very rarely the 5" radio will turn itself off with a pop and otherwise act strange.

Overall no problems. I'm pleasantly surprised by the gas mileage this thing gets and the 3.6L has plenty of power for anything I've asked of it.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
2+ years and > 32,000 miles.

I have done the track bar recall and weld inspection recall. That’s it. No TSBs, no battery problems, nothing. It’s been every bit as reliable as our Honda and GMC.

My passenger seat release (I have a 2dr) broke within the first hour of ownership. That was disappointing, but I fixed it myself: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-release-handles-dont-yank-em-too-hard.10640/

I have an outstanding clutch recall, and that looks to be a total sh*t show at the moment (parts shortage and people’s Jeeps being held hostage at dealerships for weeks). My clutch operates just fine, so I’m waiting until end of summer to get this recall taken care of.

Needless to say, I won’t be contacting Carvana any time soon...:giggle:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
12 months, first service done, I love my Jeep!

jeepD6.jpg

jeepD7.jpg
Hi, I see you live in Sidney. Just out of curiosity, what is the price difference between the Jeep Wrangler and the Land cruiser 70 series? they don't sell the 70 series in the U.S..

Your Jeep looks very nice by the way. Do you use the mechanism to pull the front seat forward to get other people in the back much or not at all? I did have an issue with that first week of ownership where the release mechanism broke and I had to get the Jeep towed :CWL:, cheap plastic part on the rails is prone to break. Got fixed though and that to me is not a deal breaker at all.

Other than the front seats, 0 major issues, perfect steering, defroster works, no leaking anything (and I take my top off constantly), no excessive wind noise. The top on the JL is so well designed that I farted the other morning in the jeep, went for a hike, and when I came back 8 hours later, I could still smell the fart strongly :CWL:, so that's a pretty good seal!.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
The JL like any vehicle has issues/problems.... No vehicle leaves a production line without something wrong, that is related to a design flaw, problematic part, poor install of part, etc..

If your vehicle, has been back to the dealership and had any issue that was taken care of / fixed, thanks to a PCM update, a TSB performed, you did an adjustment, then your vehicle did have a problem. Yes, fixed but it did have a problem.

Yes, you may not be aware of the issue on your vehicle as the issue has not surfaced yet or you don't recognize that there is an issue, but again, there are things wrong with the vehicle..

Example.... Any owner of a 2018 Wrangler JL will see his rear windshield washer assembly dripping fluid on a very hot day. JL owner is oblivious that this is an issue that can be remedied by placing a $3.00 valve in the feed tube to the assembly.

Example.... The 2018-2020, JL's dual battery system is flawed. IF you haven't had an issue with it,

Example... JL's ...all of them, have a problem in regard to it's front windshield defroster... all JL's have this design related issue/shortcoming.

--------------
And yes, I truly like my JL but I know it well, lets say... I know it's strengths and weaknesses/ flaws, etc.

Interesting.

I've not noticed a dripping rear windshield washer.

I've had one time, very early on, where I came to a stop, the auto start/stop turned the engine off but I was just starting to move again, and the Jeep stalled, but I restarted and never had a problem again (that was at like 2k miles, now I'm at 20k).

I've never noticed an issue with the defroster, in cold weather I remote start the Jeep and by the time I get to it the whole windshield has warmed up; you don't need air blowing directly onto the whole windshield, because glass has thermal mass. You can warm up one area and the whole thing will warm up and defog.

In almost exactly 2 years and 20k miles I've had the following:

-Steering recall

-aforementioned start/stop problem that I've never seen again

-occasional glitches with the infotainment when in CarPlay mode (screen flickers, sometimes steering wheel controls won't control iPhone), but I had these same problems in a Hyundai rental car so it might be my phone or cable, not the Jeep

-the rear defroster issue where the tab breaks off the window

The first one was solved quickly and professionally by Jeep. The second hasn't been a problem. The third I don't think is Jeep's fault. The fourth is annoying, but...eh.

I will say, I was very very skeptical of a first gen model from Jeep/FCA based on past experiences with an older Jeep (my wife has had a lot of non-Wrangler Jeeps, last was an '05 Liberty shitbox) and my expectations have been vastly exceeded. Nice job, Jeep.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Had mine since Nov 2018, 19,000+ miles and no problems today, and none that couldn't be fixed...

New Aux Battery
Clutch interlock switch (ultimate fix for ESS warning light)
New front seat frame when it wouldn't slide
Stabilizer recall
Clutch recall (just sleeve needed)
Oil keeps wearing out after 5000 miles or so

I think its so great to have a Jeep that's running well with no issues, when something pops up that puts it out of commission for a bit, it just feels that much more terrible when with any other vehicle you wouldn't care as much.

Mine steers fine. Not for sale, ever.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

2 years and 14k on odo and only one issue which FCA :swear: me on.

neighbors tree fell onto my property/jeep and this supposedly “high quality” soft top all of a sudden had a .5” hole in it! Wtf?! Never had this issue with my suburban!!
Jeep Wrangler JL No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever! 07D1D338-72AD-4B4F-A36C-D5FE8F741469
Jeep Wrangler JL No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever! CFED44AD-6B7A-4F7E-B60E-958450A4B780
Jeep Wrangler JL No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever! 68BE2019-5E3B-4F53-B82E-71E724039E9D
Jeep Wrangler JL No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever! 337B0D93-6809-4D90-9944-FD1EDE1A9F20

took it to dealer and they refused to cover it under warranty! :swear: FCA!!1! Im so done with jeep!!

other than that major design flaw, no issues.

Jeep Wrangler JL No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever! 1596217205113

Last edited:

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Same here, going on 13 months and been back to the dealer for a recall and to purchase an oil filter.
Love mine too
This would explain why the rates on Wrangler Warranties are cheaper than others. That being said I guess I am saying the extended warranty is not needed.:headbang:
Not helping myself Lol!

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Lol. I approve of this thread.

no issues today, actually Fixed a noise that’s been bugging the hell out of me.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed

--------------
I have owned my JLUR for just over a year and have 28,600+ miles on it. I have not had a single issue and it is a blast to drive. I actually make up excuses to drive it. I have done all my own service (oil changes, differentials and the tranny and transfer case fluid change).

I would love for someone to use a blue or white light scanner and design a 3D printed insert (will have to be two pieces) to improve the defrost air flow across the entire windshield. This would be an easy improvement for FCA and if they made an improved component I would install it myself.
Sponsored