Sponsored

No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever!

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Count me in, 10 months absolutely no problems. I will say this though, IF I have some sort of problem in the future it would have to be a biggie to get me to give her up....love my Jeep! :like:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The JL like any vehicle has issues/problems.... No vehicle leaves a production line without something wrong, that is related to a design flaw, problematic part, poor install of part, etc..

If your vehicle, has been back to the dealership and had any issue that was taken care of / fixed, thanks to a PCM update, a TSB performed, you did an adjustment, then your vehicle did have a problem. Yes, fixed but it did have a problem.

Yes, you may not be aware of the issue on your vehicle as the issue has not surfaced yet or you don't recognize that there is an issue, but again, there are things wrong with the vehicle..

In regard to the JL, specifically...

Example.... Any owner of a 2018 Wrangler JL will see his rear windshield washer assembly dripping fluid on a very hot day. JL owner is oblivious that this is an issue that can be remedied by placing a $3.00 valve in the feed tube to the assembly.

Example.... The 2018-2020, JL's dual battery system is flawed. IF you haven't had an issue with it,
chances are extremely high that you will.

Example... JL's ...all of them, have a problem in regard to it's front windshield defroster... all JL's have this design related issue/shortcoming.

There are many many other examples..
--------------
And yes, I truly like my JL but I know it well, lets say... I know it's strengths and weaknesses/ flaws, etc.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
:)
The JL like any vehicle has issues/problems.... No vehicle leaves a production line without something wrong, that is related to a design flaw, problematic part, poor install of part, etc..

If your vehicle, has been back to the dealership and had any issue that was taken care of / fixed, thanks to a PCM update, a TSB performed, you did an adjustment, then your vehicle did have a problem. Yes, fixed but it did have a problem.

Yes, you may not be aware of the issue on your vehicle as the issue has not surfaced yet or you don't recognize that there is an issue, but again, there are things wrong with the vehicle..

In regard to the JL, specifically...

Example.... Any owner of a 2018 Wrangler JL will see his rear windshield washer assembly dripping fluid on a very hot day. JL owner is oblivious that this is an issue that can be remedied by placing a $3.00 valve in the feed tube to the assembly.

Example.... The 2018-2020, JL's dual battery system is flawed. IF you haven't had an issue with it,
chances are extremely high that you will.

Example... JL's ...all of them, have a problem in regard to it's front windshield defroster... all JL's have this design related issue/shortcoming.

There are many many other examples..
--------------
And yes, I truly like my JL but I know it well, lets say... I know it's strengths and weaknesses/ flaws, etc.
I take it that your avatar is marking your glass half empty....to me its half full :)

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Outlawd

Did you have /use your JL last Winter ..... in Iowa? If you did, you know very well, experienced first hand, the defroster issue.

IF you did not have your JL last Winter, this Winter you will remember this thread...

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Outlawd

Did you have /use your JL last Winter ..... in Iowa? If you did, you know very well, experienced first hand, the defroster issue.

IF you did not have your JL last Winter, this Winter you will remember this thread...
Yes I bought it last fall, no issue that I recall. Alright, FINE, I did have an issue with the cupholder. I was taking the grandkids to school, hit a large pothole an spilled beer in the cupholder were it pooled. Jeep needs to put drain holes in the cupholders for god sake this has to be a common issue while wheeling!!:LOL:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I bought it last fall, no issue that I recall. Alright, FINE, I did have an issue with the cupholder. I was taking the grandkids to school, hit a large pothole an spilled beer in the cupholder were it pooled. Jeep needs to put drain holes in the cupholders for god sake this has to be a common issue while wheeling!!:LOL:
@Outlawd

Good you are not ragging on me to much.. you are laughing... Thanks for that... 8-)

AND... that cup holder is not removable. You may as an owner, think it is .... but the fact is, it is not removable... and you pull the cup holder.. .well, that will cost you quite a few $ for the new console piece you will need to buy.

Anyway, many owner's think their vehicle is not problematic, perfect because they just don't know otherwise/ do not have the knowledge base or just have not yet experienced an issue.

Also, now a days many owner's do not do any hands on maintenance, fixes, etc.. again, they don't know because they really aren't as deep into it as an owner that does say do their own oil changes, etc....

I have to laugh when I read someone saying there vehicle is perfect, no issues....

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I love this!! I can see that you have been reading other threads with joy and laughter. :LOL: As for the "No Problems" issue, I love this even more seeing as how I will be ordering my new JL pretty soon. The amount of information on this forum is priceless!! Thank you all for the details needed to make a good decision in what I need in my own Jeep. :fingerscrossed:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
@Outlawd

Amazing. I was in my upstate NY home town in January and didn't have any defroster problems. So now you'll have to look for something else. What's next....nibs on the tire are uneven?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazing. I was in my upstate NY home town in January and didn't have any defroster problems. So now you'll have to look for something else. What's next....nibs on the tire are uneven?
28 pages talking JL windshield defroster related issues. Issue affects all JL's.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/question-regarding-the-windsheld-defrost.15276/

Here is the thread regarding, rear washer dripping that affects ALL, all 2018 JL's that have not had the valve installed:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-window-fluid-dripping.7472/

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

12 months, first service done, I love my Jeep!

Jeep Wrangler JL No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever! jeepD7

Jeep Wrangler JL No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever! jeepD7
Great photos; the contrast of Mojito on that bleak track through a bushfire area is dramatic!

Ever make it up to Fraser Island or Daintree in Qld? I've been to both a couple times each; absolutely spectacular...you've never lived until you've had morning tea on the bonnet of a 4X4 in a rainforest...

...and, to get back on thread, my JL has been nearly trouble free (about 14 months so far)...and my defroster works fine (don't need it much here in SoCal). :LOL:
Sponsored