Sponsored

No problems with my Jeep today - Or ever!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Only issue w/ mine is the pathetic sun visor retention setup. Luckily the fix is cheap & easy and there's at least two methods to get it done.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/

Got the new steering gear box TSB done and the earlier steering stabilizer recall, but both of these weren't to the point of being a serious problem at the time I had the parts replaced.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 JL will be one year old on Sunday, 11/8. I will barely have 6,000 miles. This is the least driving Iā€™ve ever done in my entire life. Thank you, COVID!

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve had any major issues.

Among the minor issues itā€™s had:
  1. The back up camera failed to work once; it self corrected
  2. The parking lines failed to appear on the back up camera once; it self corrected
  3. The clutches on the Select-Trac stunk the first time I took it off-road. It was operator error; I had forgotten to engage into Part-Time 4H. Live and learn
  4. The Blind Spot Monitor disables itself whenever I have Part-Time 4WD engaged and the trails get really shaky. It seems that is the way it is supposed to work, but it is weird that it doesnā€™t do it at exactly the same time every time. A design flaw...?
  5. Just last week, inexplicably, Bluetooth stopped streaming music, disconnected itself from my cellphone, the 8.4 screen turned itself off, the head unit rebooted, reconnected on its own and picked up where it left off. Hasnā€™t done it again since.
  6. Steering feel is not the greatest but it isnā€™t as bad as other JLs I test drove
All in all, I am happy my JL has proved relatively trouble-free. But itā€™s has had enough minor gremlins to keep a suspenseful peace.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
2 years and 14k on odo and only one issue which FCA :swear: me on.

neighbors tree fell onto my property/jeep and this supposedly ā€œhigh qualityā€ soft top all of a sudden had a .5ā€ hole in it! Wtf?! Never had this issue with my suburban!!
07D1D338-72AD-4B4F-A36C-D5FE8F741469.jpeg
CFED44AD-6B7A-4F7E-B60E-958450A4B780.jpeg
68BE2019-5E3B-4F53-B82E-71E724039E9D.jpeg
337B0D93-6809-4D90-9944-FD1EDE1A9F20.jpeg

took it to dealer and they refused to cover it under warranty! :swear: FCA!!1! Im so done with jeep!!

other than that major design flaw, no issues.

1596217205113.png
Wouldn't that fall under your vehicle insurance policy?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Iā€™ve had my 2020 since April. Build quality better than expected. Two minor issues...failed to detect key fob; unhooked battery...everything came back after reconnection. Threw a CEL for wheel speed indicator...reset several months ago, no problems since. Iā€™m guessing the electronics have become so complex an occasional ā€œrebootā€ might become necessary. I have to reboot my Tesla periodically....and thatā€™s considered normal.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Wouldn't that fall under your vehicle insurance policy?
yes it would. But i have $1k deductible i think, maybe $500. My neighbor was totally cool and paid me $500 which is what a new top piece cost. I already had a premium top waiting to go on. Glad that wasnt on yet lol

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
Purchased a new 2019 JLU Sport left over in June 2020. Had a wind noise in the windshield and a problem with pairing my IPhone. Dealer took care of both problems. I have the 2.0 turbo and love it.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I've had my JL for about 2 years and 6 months. I had a couple of minor issues with my base 5" Uconnect before I upgraded to aftermarket (which was happening anyway). I've had no other issues whatsoever. I love my Jeep. :like:

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
@Outlawd

Did you have /use your JL last Winter ..... in Iowa? If you did, you know very well, experienced first hand, the defroster issue.

IF you did not have your JL last Winter, this Winter you will remember this thread...
I used my JL last winter, in Iowa. It's my daily driver. I was aware of reported issues with the defrost, but didnt see any problem with mine.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I used my JL last winter, in Iowa. It's my daily driver. I was aware of reported issues with the defrost, but didnt see any problem with mine.
I guess weā€™re the only two owners that have no defrost problems!

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
No problems with mine, as long as you don't count the 2 times it has been towed to the dealer for major factory defects that left it undriveable. It's a Jeep thing.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Same here... live in Eastern Canada, cold snowy winters.... no issues with the defrost....

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Had my 2018 coming up on 3 years and 38k miles and have had the normal recalls, the only issues Iā€™ve had was had the main battery replaced 7 months into ownership and then had the rear defroster cable come off but both of these items were repaired under warranty and now no warranty but also no issues :like:
Sponsored