Sponsored

No power windows or doors... what are the wires for?

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
So ive got a jl without n power windows or doors. Dont u judge me!

There are still wires to disconnect when taking the doors off... does anyone have any idea what they are for?

Im thinking of leaving the retention straps and electronic clips disconnected to make getting the door off easier, because it has the other thing to hold the door from opening too far....

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
So ive got a jl without n power windows or doors. Dont u judge me!

There are still wires to disconnect when taking the doors off... does anyone have any idea what they are for?

Im thinking of leaving the retention straps and electronic clips disconnected to make getting the door off easier, because it has the other thing to hold the door from opening too far....

Any thoughts?
So you have the safety package? How about mirror defrosters? Also wondering about auto-park system sensors. Those may be in the actual door latch apparatus though...

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is the "Door Ajar" warning, power mirrors, and other safety related features (auto-park).

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yes there is a door latch sensor that relays to the computer through that harness. My sensor failed and the first thing they checked was the harness. If you disconnect the harness it isn't going to hurt anything, the Jeep will just think the doors are off. It will then enable/disable whatever features it normally would when the doors are off. No big deal.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
You still have the harness for those items, even if you don't have it installed.
Sponsored