No power windows dash hole

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I cheaped-out and got the JL with no power windows. In an effort to make use of this otherwise useless space, I ripped out the entire damn dash and added this cell phone holder mod. It’s literally the most solid cell phone holder I’ve ever used...zero play. It also falls perfectly in the hand when driving, keeping in mind my radius and alna are pretty long. Thought others might want to do something with this rather awkward gap.

E0398BAD-712B-4395-8380-1501945FC138.jpeg

25E5FDB0-EB8C-44F4-8009-9E9E13E66ED6.jpeg

D6532243-FD20-47E6-904B-8A097544AF6C.jpeg

0ED1990E-C4EC-49A2-9E04-0C77C2438F03.jpeg

7040A513-D739-4081-82C5-8C761FFAA601.jpeg

87138113-4391-45AC-88A8-5D7EE5D9C4B1.jpeg

53ADAC08-1662-4C04-A498-CC637C0AD101.jpeg
Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't even know "no power windows" was possible lol.
Isn't it a little too low?

OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
All in less than $100. If anyone wants a parts list let me know. Took me less that an hour once I had everything. I play YouTube videos on long drives (for the audio, don’t watch them) so having it somewhat low is nice. If I were to say EXACTLY where I’d want my phone to be in this vehicle, this nails it.

OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
With my arm on the armrest, my fingers are right there naturally. I glance at my phone on occasion. If you’re constantly using your phone for situational awareness, I agree with you sir. Too low.
I find suction cup mounts and vent mounts unreliable and gaudy. This looks factory.

Sponsored

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Since you have the manual windows, does your foot hit the window crank? That’s one of my concerns if I go for the base Sport.

OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Since you have the manual windows, does your foot hit the window crank? That’s one of my concerns if I go for the base Sport.
My foot? No. Knee doesn’t rest on it either.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I was also like, "You can order a new Jeep without power windows?" :surprised:
You've been on here since August and are just figuring this out? That's been a Wrangler staple since day 1! The most stripped Jeep available, the basic Sport. No power windows, no power locks, no A/C, no tint, nada!

OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
You've been on here since August and are just figuring this out? That's been a Wrangler staple since day 1! The most stripped Jeep available, the basic Sport. No power windows, no power locks, no A/C, no tint, nada!
Mine has A/C, tinted windows, Sirius XM...just no power windows/locks. Windows I don’t mind, no power locks is annoying though!

Sponsored

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Mine has A/C, tinted windows, Sirius XM...just no power windows/locks. Windows I don’t mind, no power locks is annoying though!
Yeah, some things are optional. As much as I love the Wrangler, I couldn't buy a stripped one! I need my A/C more than anything! haha

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
so how much money did not getting power windows save you?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
so how much money did not getting power windows save you?
Looks like power windows are not an option for a base Sport model. To get power windows you need to move up to the Sport S model which is $3,200.00 more. Yes you get other options for that money but there is no option to just add power windows.

OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Looks like power windows are not an option for a base Sport model. To get power windows you need to move up to the Sport S model which is $3,200.00 more. Yes you get other options for that money but there is no option to just add power windows.
You nailed it. I hate debt and broke my own rules and went into debt to get my JL. Couldn’t justify the extra $3,000 for power windows/locks. Again though, I’m a tightwad. I did get a/c, Sirius XM and factory tint which I basically negotiated into a base price deal. Physically went to 6 dealers to get the exact Jeep/deal I wanted.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
You nailed it. I hate debt and broke my own rules and went into debt to get my JL. Couldn’t justify the extra $3,000 for power windows/locks. Again though, I’m a tightwad. I did get a/c, Sirius XM and factory tint which I basically negotiated into a base price deal. Physically went to 6 dealers to get the exact Jeep/deal I wanted.
Well you are doing it the right way. From various responses it seems many don't understand living on a budget or remember needing to live on a budget. Either they never had to or just don't remember.

If you really want a JL and can option one you can afford do it. The JK I had bought I could have spent more money on and afford it. I just did not want to spend X amount at the time. Now three years later I have equity in that JK. Trading it in this time around I am moving up a model and getting more options while keeping my monthly payment the same. I will probably do that again in the future.

Buy what you can afford comfortably even if you are missing some things you want. Enjoy driving the Jeep while making your payments and trade in / upgrade down the road. With the resale value you will be able to get more next go around.
Sponsored