Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Personally I would love a PHEV Wrangler. I want to keep my manual transmission, and I want to be able to choose when to use electric. I can drive 600 miles to the trail without camping to charge up. I can run gas through the majority of the trail and switch to electric only for the technical climbs. Only need 15-30 mile electric range to hopefully keep the extra cost under $10k
I think it is extremely unlikely they will offer the PHEV with a manual transmission.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Well, there's always the Detroit and Geneva auto shows.

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah, I was at the LA Auto Show on Thursday and really bummed to not see a PHEV Wrangler. The Bollingers are nice (but pricey),but we need the plug-in hybrid. We are really excited about it (need to drive 300 miles one-way with the family to the turnoff and then drive 10 miles on dirt/gravel/clay/rock with one water crossing to get to the family cabin).

We've had two EVs for daily drivers (each has gotten bigger with the family over time). Now we need an off-road capable one. EVs are awesome tech (and we have an '82 Scrambler and a '64 Willys Wagon); can't wait until there is a plug-in Jeep.

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Yea makes sense to give the diesels a chance to sell. Although I’m sure those are two different markets, anyone interested in the one most likely not interested in the other. But never know. At this rate if I keep the saving up might be able to afford one all cash but the time it comes out haha

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
Personally I'm interested in both for the low end torque.
After reading some about the diesels and how they're not great for lots of short trips, I think a PHEV would be better and lower maintenance for most people if they daily drive the Wrangler.
Yeah. Our second EV was a plug-in hybrid, largely used for commuting and the occasional trip to the grandparents. After two years and 20,000 miles, it had used 5.5 gallons of gas.
Sponsored