NO ORDERING OF 4XE now.

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I ordered my 4xe on 5/10. Chatted with FCA on Sunday and mine is still in the scheduling phase. Have a VON, but no VIN.
Sponsored

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I just chatted with Jeep customer service. My 4xe order from Saturday 5/23 is in scheduling and already has a VIN. Guessing the production line is still open.

If 4xe ordering is not available it must have happened just Monday. A reputable dealer can probably confirm.
Mine is in scheduling too. I didnt ask if they had a VIN yet. Ordered mine 5/10. If you have a VIN, I assume it will be built and not cancelled?

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I ordered my 4xe on 5/10. Chatted with FCA on Sunday and mine is still in the scheduling phase. Have a VON, but no VIN.
I ordered my first on 3/26, itā€™s still not here, but should be soon... after a fiasco and a reorder 5/10 I have a VIN (and VON) but it ends there on my 5/10 order... Iā€™ll be pissed if itā€™s cancelled. Would possibly be the end with me and Jeep sadly because they canā€™t get their sh!t together at the dealer level consistently. That said, my second dealer experience has been going very smooth so far and Iā€™m gonna stay positive it keeps that way!

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Mine is in scheduling too. I didnt ask if they had a VIN yet. Ordered mine 5/10. If you have a VIN, I assume it will be built and not cancelled?
That would be my hope/assumption. If there has been a VIN assigned between Sat 5/22 and now, it would mean that the process is running and it will be produced. That's just speculation though. Maybe it's really short notice and/or works completely different from what I am assuming...

Just ping the Jeep chat again and ask if they can check the VIN for you.

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I ordered my first on 3/26, itā€™s still not here, but should be soon... after a fiasco and a reorder 5/10 I have a VIN (and VON) but it ends there on my 5/10 order... Iā€™ll be pissed if itā€™s cancelled. Would possibly be the end with me and Jeep sadly because they canā€™t get their sh!t together at the dealer level consistently. That said, my second dealer experience has been going very smooth so far and Iā€™m gonna stay positive it keeps that way!
Shooo. Sounds like a nightmare. I'll reach out to my salesman and see what he can find out in regards to cancelling 4xe orders. Ive been wanting a 4xe since I read about them last fall and have wanted a Wrangler for several years. Ive got all of my aftermarket parts picked out too!

Sponsored

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
That would be my hope/assumption. If there has been a VIN assigned between Sat 5/22 and now, it would mean that the process is running and it will be produced. That's just speculation though. Maybe it's really short notice and/or works completely different from what I am assuming...

Just ping the Jeep chat again and ask if they can check the VIN for you.
Just got off the chat with FCA. The agent said Wranglers are not affected by the chip shortage right now. Seems to contradict everything Im reading. She also couldnt find my order. I checked the VON multiple times. Agent said it could be on their end--I really hope so! Just reached out to my salesman

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
My dealer just told me I can't order a 4xe. All of their 4xe orders are being cancelled due to a lack of computer chips. He had one on the lot but it's a Sahara and I wanted a Rubicon this time around. Also, it didn't have the advanced safety group, which I really wanted. I have the radar speed control and auto emergency braking now on my 19 and really like a lot. SO now what?.
If I would be in your shoes, I would wait for 2022 order bank to open. I think it usually happens in mid June or so. It will not help with chip shortage but at least your model year will be newer. By the way, there is another thread on the forum which says that Wranglers are not impacted by chip shortage. Just putting it out there in case you want to check with another dealer. Good luck!

Bku9929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon on 5/21 and received VON and VIN on 5/24. Build already noted as being in D1 status.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
There isnā€™t a chip shortage per se, itā€™s more or less what weā€™re witnessing is a huge shortcoming of the ā€œjust in timeā€ assembly line manufacturing process. Orders are large, demand is high and Jeep is probably at the end of the line. But so are other vendors.

Now this is me guessing but Jeep may have internally closed off the ordering banks for any additional MY21 4Xeā€™s. As someone mentioned, wait for the MY22 banks to open next month.

Also, I advise not purchasing a first MY of any vehicle - let the early adopters be the beta testers.

Bku9929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
There isnā€™t a chip shortage per se, itā€™s more or less what weā€™re witnessing is a huge shortcoming of the ā€œjust in timeā€ assembly line manufacturing process. Orders are large, demand is high and Jeep is probably at the end of the line. But so are other vendors.

Now this is me guessing but Jeep may have internally closed off the ordering banks for any additional MY21 4Xeā€™s. As someone mentioned, wait for the MY22 banks to open next month.

Also, I advise not purchasing a first MY of any vehicle - let the early adopters be the beta testers.
I think itā€™s pretty obvious based on my own order less than a week ago that they didnā€™t close off the ordering banks. Perhaps OP needs to try another dealer.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I think itā€™s pretty obvious based on my own order less than a week ago that they didnā€™t close off the ordering banks. Perhaps OP needs to try another dealer.
Perhaps the OP should get in touch with your dealer then since itā€™s only pretty obvious. šŸ˜‰

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Yeah the timing of this 'chip shortage' seems suspicious. I haven't heard about a shortage of TVs or cell phones.
That said, if it's going to be another apocalypse, the diesel would be the one to have.
As others said, battery technology still has a way to go.
car chips are on the low priority list for chips compared to other tech

arelem

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Placed my order for a 4xe JLUR on March 19, got the VIN on Monday from my salesman. Now anxiously waiting for the build sheet to appear. Dealer says the build status is D1.

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yeah the timing of this 'chip shortage' seems suspicious. I haven't heard about a shortage of TVs or cell phones.
That said, if it's going to be another apocalypse, the diesel would be the one to have.
As others said, battery technology still has a way to go.
I donā€™t mean to be insulting, but do read the news or just tried and Google search? Itā€™s effecting all simi-conductor manufacturing across all industries. Apple has specific mentioned how it is effecting some of their iOS lines.

.https://www.wsj.com/articles/expanding-from-autos-to-appliances-and-sex-toys-the-chip-shortage-is-far-reaching-11619783117
Sponsored