Sponsored

NO ORDERING OF 4XE now.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
My dealer just told me I can't order a 4xe. All of their 4xe orders are being cancelled due to a lack of computer chips. He had one on the lot but it's a Sahara and I wanted a Rubicon this time around. Also, it didn't have the advanced safety group, which I really wanted. I have the radar speed control and auto emergency braking now on my 19 and really like a lot. SO now what?.
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
My dealer just told me I can't order a 4xe. All of their 4xe orders are being cancelled due to a lack of computer chips. He had one on the lot but it's a Sahara and I wanted a Rubicon this time around. Also, it didn't have the advanced safety group, which I really wanted. I have the radar speed control and auto emergency braking now on my 19 and really like a lot. SO now what?.
Just venting or do you really need an Internet forum to tell you what to do next?
Just curious……

getlm00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Wow, I am glad I got mine, sorry to hear this, but I did notice my dealer has an almost empty lot.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Hmmm. I’m gonna be watching this thread and adding to it soon. I started emailing Peterson’s in Idaho Friday and am expecting more information today. I sent in my spec sheet and have been waiting on the quote.

Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Honestly, I’d wait another model year or two to see if the electric-only range hits a minimum of 40 miles. Although 25 is just good enough for my daily commute, 40 would be a game changer.
Agree, thats the main complaint I have with ours.. it would have been more practical to have around 40 miles range.

polestar#143

First Name
augusto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon (coming soon)
Just wait.....and if more people do that you will see how those chips start to appear suddenly

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Honestly, I’d wait another model year or two to see if the electric-only range hits a minimum of 40 miles. Although 25 is just good enough for my daily commute, 40 would be a game changer.
With the new F150 Lightning and facing pressure from the Bronco (which I know isn't electric), I'd be surprised if they don't bump the range in 2022, or at least 2023. First model year of something like a PHEV is always tricky. Now that they have some real-world data, and have had more time to work on the battery pack size, position, location, technology, etc, it would be pretty likely (IMO) for them to eke another 20 miles or so out of it.

As you say, a 40 mile range would be a game-changer.

arelem

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Battery technology won't advance enough in one year to get 40 mile range unless they double the size of the battery and then weight will be an issue. 25 is about all we will get until they change technology or go fully electric. I have a 4xe on order to replace my XC60 Recharge that gets 19 mile range and I'll be happy for the extra miles.

Sponsored

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
How confident are you this wasn’t dealer shenanigans to sell one there? Why would jeep cancel the orders rather than just build up a bigger and bigger backlog to work through? Look at the bronco! Ford didn’t cancel them, just rolled the MY 21 into 22 (and possibly 23s before this is over)

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Yeah the timing of this 'chip shortage' seems suspicious. I haven't heard about a shortage of TVs or cell phones.
That said, if it's going to be another apocalypse, the diesel would be the one to have.
As others said, battery technology still has a way to go.

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How confident are you this wasn’t dealer shenanigans to sell one there? Why would jeep cancel the orders rather than just build up a bigger and bigger backlog to work through? Look at the bronco! Ford didn’t cancel them, just rolled the MY 21 into 22 (and possibly 23s before this is over)
I ordered a 4xe from Gupton on Saturday and have not yet heard anything that the order got cancelled. Could be that they haven't communicated yet but so far Gupton has always been very responsive. Got a VON as well.

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ordered a 4xe from Gupton on Saturday and have not yet heard anything that the order got cancelled. Could be that they haven't communicated yet but so far Gupton has always been very responsive. Got a VON as well.
I just chatted with Jeep customer service. My 4xe order from Saturday 5/23 is in scheduling and already has a VIN. Guessing the production line is still open.

If 4xe ordering is not available it must have happened just Monday. A reputable dealer can probably confirm.
Sponsored