Sponsored

No one will admit it, but here goes.....

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
OP, I hope you enjoy your Jeep! There's nothing wrong with paying MSRP if you can afford it. The Jeep will bring you years of joy.
Sponsored

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Pretty much same when I got my 2020 JLUR: Plain jane rubi, only add ons were all weather mats and prox entry. Price was 42000. You didn't do too bad, and my congrats on finding a plain jane on a dealer lot without ordering. Took me months to find mine.

Enjoy the Jeep!

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Same in NorCal, but I understand that Robert Trachtman at Tuttle-click down your way still gives a good discount below invoice, and is completely transparent on pricing (ie no BS or add ons).

Just noting that so others don't think they can't get a good deal even in SoCal. Only place I hear of around there though.
Tried them on one of their “in transit” JLURs and they were not really any better once ALL the number were said and done. They made up most of the discount via charging over the loan “buy rate” and would not budge on the loan fees. If I was paying “cash” then their deal would have been good.

Yes I paid my dealership MSRP on my ordered 2021 JLUR but in-lue negotiating the price down, I worked on making them give me the loan “buy rate” (which I managed acquired prior to “going in”). If I was paying them MSRP, they were making plenty of profit and I was NOT going to give them markup on the interest rate or loan fees.

Worked out to be a wash. Not a great deal but a fair deal for both parties. They made a money and I did not pay over what I wanted for the Jeep.

Lawn Jockey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude 4x4
This is a recent sales range for 2 door Rubi stick with PST in OKC. MSRP or higher seems extreme. Not doubting that it is tough, but are there other data sets that refute this range? And how do we know you are not a dealer just logging on to mess with us?

1627413739660.png
Well ours is a Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude, 3.6L V6, manual transmission, with about $10K of factory (dealer ordered upgrades) (including the $1,495.00 Destination Charge). There was a $2,300.00 package savings that was taken off.

I was to the point where IDGAF, put $16,600.00 cash down and financed the rest. 🤣 Instant equity.

On a positive note, there are several right hand drive’s equipped the way we wanted them without all of the upgrades we probably don’t need.

Last edited:

JMRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander
I bought a 2021 two door Islander last month for my daughter. I got $900 off of MSRP and was happy. Obviously I tried for more but they were at the take it or leave it point (MSRP was right at $40k).
My question is this…prior to this covid mess, what more would I have been able to haggle off of sticker? Invoice on it was around $1,500 less than MSRP from my research.

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Your money. Your Jeep. Your decision.

Own it. Love it. Live it.

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I ordered a JLUR with the recon package last week got notified today of my VIN. I paid I think 5k under the MSRP. Was planning on paying full boat MSRP so I did not really ask specifics of the discounts. I am Located in NE wisconsin.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Congrats! Srsly!!

Where as I just got basically thrown out of a dealer for not agreeing to pay ~$56.8k for a 2door auto, with 8.4, cold, keyless. (ONLY!! I did not miss anything)

Srsly speaking, the salesman was actually insulted that I didnt sign on the workup sheet.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I got 8% below invoice, but I had to fly from Colorado to Maryland to get it. Flight was like $70 and the drive back was a nice road trip and got to visit 4 new National Parks. My fully loaded (except leather, steel bumpers, and color matching) JLUR was $46.8k.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
got 7% under invoice november 2019, msrp was around $53k and we got it for around $46k. rented a car for $45, 6-7 hour round trip. we had a fun day.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I ordered a JLUR with the recon package last week got notified today of my VIN. I paid I think 5k under the MSRP. Was planning on paying full boat MSRP so I did not really ask specifics of the discounts. I am Located in NE wisconsin.
Is your dealer in WI?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Just wondering out loud about my recent deal. 21 JLUR Diesel w/ sky one touch, cold weather, premium audio, leather, tow package, and body color fenders... For $57k...

Compared to the other MSRP diesels with similar options in the area at $61k, I was happy with the price... Just wondering what my fellow jeepers think. Thx.

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I'm a bit surprised by the bias towards local lots and pegging the MSRP.

I tried to give local lots a chance two weeks back. I was clear about pricing expectations, timelines, requirements, etc. Nonetheless, it took 5 days and 8-10 active hours work. Ultimately, all four dealerships were dropped (two after closing negotiations in bad faith) as unable to meet my wants/needs (god forbid I want a contract).

In retrospect, I'd rather the 2 hour flight and 12 hour drive home. It's generally the same time commitment as trying to negotiate with multiple local lots. However, I can knock my Gupton purchase (and drive) out in one day. I'd rather this than a 5-day mental drain.

Likewise, we're buying the exact car we'd like for 13% below MSRP (12% net net of Doc fee). No dealer adds. No unnecessary packages. No compromises.

I'm saving over $7k vs pegging the local MSRP. With Jeep depreciation on the order of 10% per year (implied by lease residuals), In effect, I'm getting 1.3 years of free ownership. I'm willing to wait 8 weeks for that.

Likewise, I can think of the 12-15 hours travel time as saving me $7k. This is after tax money. Were I to equate it to income, it's equivalent to earning about $1000 an hour before tax.... and I certainly don't get paid anything close to that by my employer.

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
First, congratulations on your Jeep.

What matters is you are satisfied with the deal. I would have so liked to have bought local, but like someone mentioned above, around here too, its MSRP or the door.

I'll admit, I like getting a deal. I'm using the trip to TN as an excuse for a mini-vaca. I'm using my 7% savings to buy goodies, in fact I may have already started and I don't even have my Wrangler yet.

I trust you will enjoy your Jeep just as much as someone who got a deal. 🙂

My first purchase:

20210727_063844.jpg
Out of curiosity, going with Gupton out of Springfield? Congrats on your new Jeep btw

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I'm a bit surprised by the bias towards local lots and pegging the MSRP.

I tried to give local lots a chance two weeks back. I was clear about pricing expectations, timelines, requirements, etc. Nonetheless, it took 5 days and 8-10 active hours work. Ultimately, all four dealerships were dropped (two after closing negotiations in bad faith) as unable to meet my wants/needs (god forbid I want a contract).

In retrospect, I'd rather the 2 hour flight and 12 hour drive home. It's generally the same time commitment as trying to negotiate with multiple local lots. However, I can knock my Gupton purchase (and drive) out in one day. I'd rather this than a 5-day mental drain.

Likewise, we're buying the exact car we'd like for 13% below MSRP (12% net net of Doc fee). No dealer adds. No unnecessary packages. No compromises.

I'm saving over $7k vs pegging the local MSRP. With Jeep depreciation on the order of 10% per year (implied by lease residuals), In effect, I'm getting 1.3 years of free ownership. I'm willing to wait 8 weeks for that.

Likewise, I can think of the 12-15 hours travel time as saving me $7k. This is after tax money. Were I to equate it to income, it's equivalent to earning about $1000 an hour before tax.... and I certainly don't get paid anything close to that by my employer.
Certainly not everybody has that bad of an experience locally. I was in and out in under and hour to order a new Jeep. The drive too and from the closest dealer took longer than either the order transaction or the closing transaction. They discounted off MSRP and discounted the finance rate and I had less than 3 hours total into the whole deal.
Sponsored