Sponsored

No one will admit it, but here goes.....

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL No one will admit it, but here goes..... 1627403321926

This thread made me curious so I looked at some recent sales data using the build I bought back in March/April 2021 (I don't know all the details about your build, so I used mine in lieu). Sales data are through 7/26/21.

It does look like average selling prices migrated higher in recent months, and the x% below FWP (I paid FWP -3%, in the NYC area in March) deals may be harder to get these days. But paying >= MSRP still appears to put one at the high end of the buying spectrum.

This is offered for informational purposes only, as everybody's happiness milage will vary. In the end, price is forgotten and quality / happiness is what remains. Last night I took a long, topless sunset drive through the countryside with my wife and kids that was impossible to put a price tag on, and I did not think about discounts from FWP or MSRP once.
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanx for the replies folks. I am happy with my purchase and can't wait to finally get her. My last jeep was a 99 Sahara, 2 Dr 6 speed and I loved it! Had to sell when I had a family. Now kids in college, I get my jeep again! Sweet.....
And it's still a 2dr! SWEET!

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Plenty of people have ordered from one of the small number of dealers who offer 5%-8% under invoice with Affiliate. Those numbers are real but include doc fees which can vary. Doc fees vary by State. A legit 5% below invoice is very doable. 8% is also doable with some requirements like taking the dealer's financing for 3 months. Even that 8% is really about 7.5% when you take into consideration a $499 doc fee. So YES, you can order a Rubicon and get 5%-8% under invoice. Some of these dealers who discount make it very easy to do business with them. Just take into consideration time and travel expenses, the different doc fees, and other requirements.

Reach out to Criswell if you want to put in the effort to save around $4K. They are about 6 hours from your profile location. They were doing 5% under invoice with a $499 doc a week or so ago on new orders with Affiliate. Or email more dealers in your area. You might find a dealer selling for somewhere in between. Good Luck.
I went through Craig Benner at Koons in Tyson's Corner, VA. I wound up not going with Chrysler Financing since they gave a considerably cheaper rate using a bank. I got around $5500 off MSRP with the doc fees factored in. And doing the factory order, I was able to get exactly what I wanted. Here on Long Island, I couldn't even get $500 off at the few dealerships I went to. So I hopped on a plane, flew down, signed the paperwork and drove it home all in one day.

the only drawback to this is the local dealership definitely dont give you the same treatment as if you bought it from them. still worth it for getting exactly what you want and saving a lot of money.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You can sell the OEM Rubicon wheels and tires fairly easy. I'd shop around. Good Luck.
Yep, post them on the site and they'll probably be sold before the end of the day if you price them in the current range.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yep, post them on the site and they'll probably be sold before the end of the day if you price them in the current range.
I have not looked. Any idea of what a set of new take-off Rubicon wheels and tires are worth today? 5 Rubicon wheels and 5 K02s with the sensors.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I went through Craig Benner at Koons in Tyson's Corner, VA. I wound up not going with Chrysler Financing since they gave a considerably cheaper rate using a bank. I got around $5500 off MSRP with the doc fees factored in. And doing the factory order, I was able to get exactly what I wanted. Here on Long Island, I couldn't even get $500 off at the few dealerships I went to. So I hopped on a plane, flew down, signed the paperwork and drove it home all in one day.

the only drawback to this is the local dealership definitely dont give you the same treatment as if you bought it from them. still worth it for getting exactly what you want and saving a lot of money.
Based on the quality of work I've seen at our local dealerships I don't want any relationship with them, unfortunately :(
Luckily w/ the exception of electronic issues I should be able to DIY or take it to a shop that knows what to do :)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have not looked. Any idea of what a set of new take-off Rubicon wheels and tires are worth today? 5 Rubicon wheels and 5 K02s with the sensors.
Think 1200 give or take.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
About $1200-$1500 in my area. Ask $1600 to start, then negotiate. I only sell cash in hand locally. Shipping is a huge hassle and isn't worth it.

The standard Rubicon wheel is on the low end. The optional wheel with the RWL tires are on the high end.

Last edited:

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
So I paid msrp on a new 2021 wrangler Rubicon 6 speed, 2 door. There , I said it! I wanted/needed a new jeep and I wasn't about to wait around and see if prices come down on the 2022. I wasn't about to travel across the country for a "great" deal and every dealer within my vicinity (150 MI) all were at msrp....no deals! Sure I could have said no and bought a Tacoma but I wanted a Rubicon. I wanted a bare bones rig without all the add ons and doo-dads. The only extras I added was the premium soft top($595) and mopar grab handles and sill guards(130). I am excited to take delivery needless to say and start the mods! I haven't signed anything so maybe I can still haggle this guy down a grand. If not I want to try my luck at asking to swap new 33" stock rubber that comes standard for a new set of 35" tires even Steven....
Any body else pay msrp on their rig......my quote otd was $42600 if anybody wants to know.
On a side note, I wonder if anybody has ever ordered a stock rubi like I did and if they got the proverbial 8% below invoice, that's like a new rubi for like 35k!....yeah rite.
I paid MSRP on my 2021 JLUR. The market where I live is solidly MSRP or BS discounts (that almost no one will qualify for) to make the price look great, only to find the dealers add ons then = over MSRP and that they refuse to remove them.

In order to get my 2021 JLUR at MSRP without any dealer add on game playing I had to order it. Even then when it arrived they tried to add garbage onto it. Fortunately I stopped them in time.

Like you I ordered mine without all the gizmos and leather. So it was only $49k. Which for a auto JLUR is fairly reasonable price.

My 2020 JLUR was fully loaded (lemon lawed) with every option / gizmos and matching paint on everything. Unlike my 2021 I got it well under MSRP without dealership add ons. What a difference one year made in the auto industry.

Sponsored

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
So I paid msrp on a new 2021 wrangler Rubicon 6 speed, 2 door. There , I said it! I wanted/needed a new jeep and I wasn't about to wait around and see if prices come down on the 2022. I wasn't about to travel across the country for a "great" deal and every dealer within my vicinity (150 MI) all were at msrp....no deals! Sure I could have said no and bought a Tacoma but I wanted a Rubicon. I wanted a bare bones rig without all the add ons and doo-dads. The only extras I added was the premium soft top($595) and mopar grab handles and sill guards(130). I am excited to take delivery needless to say and start the mods! I haven't signed anything so maybe I can still haggle this guy down a grand. If not I want to try my luck at asking to swap new 33" stock rubber that comes standard for a new set of 35" tires even Steven....
Any body else pay msrp on their rig......my quote otd was $42600 if anybody wants to know.
On a side note, I wonder if anybody has ever ordered a stock rubi like I did and if they got the proverbial 8% below invoice, that's like a new rubi for like 35k!....yeah rite.
We took delivery on an almost identical JLR as you did plus cold weather, painted fenders, soft top window storage bag and floor/cargo mats. Drove 600 miles round trip plus one night in the hotel a few weeks ago. The OTD price was $40,736.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Who is selling for that far back of invoice, thats nuts! Dang
I could understand 5-8% back of sicker, but invoice... Dealers gotta be nuts to take that kind of deal.
Congrats to anyone who found something like that.
Like everyone who took a look at this thread --> https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/page-220

OP - it's your $$, and if you're happy that is all that should matter. Cool jeep - you're going to love it!

I think people post and share a lot of information about the 5-8% off invoice on here as most of the public has no idea that is available, and when they do they are super happy with the savings and getting to order exactly what you want from a dealer who's not going to jerk you around.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I paid MSRP on my 2021 JLUR. The market where I live is solidly MSRP or BS discounts (that almost no one will qualify for) to make the price look great, only to find the dealers add ons then = over MSRP and that they refuse to remove them.

In order to get my 2021 JLUR at MSRP without any dealer add on game playing I had to order it. Even then when it arrived they tried to add garbage onto it. Fortunately I stopped them in time.

Like you I ordered mine without all the gizmos and leather. So it was only $49k. Which for a auto JLUR is fairly reasonable price.

My 2020 JLUR was fully loaded (lemon lawed) with every option / gizmos and matching paint on everything. Unlike my 2021 I got it well under MSRP without dealership add ons. What a difference one year made in the auto industry.
Same in NorCal, but I understand that Robert Trachtman at Tuttle-click down your way still gives a good discount below invoice, and is completely transparent on pricing (ie no BS or add ons).

Just noting that so others don't think they can't get a good deal even in SoCal. Only place I hear of around there though.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
If you buy a Wrangler in Oklahoma you’re gonna pay MSRP or you’re not gonna get a Jeep. End of story.
Same for where I’m from. Thankfully I’m military and was able to use a military car buying program and got my base JLU sport manual trans for a decent price. It’s had a few things done to it since then, full rubicon takeoff suspension, 33inch KO2s, roof rack etc
Jeep Wrangler JL No one will admit it, but here goes..... 94A6811B-3824-4A3C-B982-9E975CE76B9C

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Like everyone who took a look at this thread --> https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/page-220

OP - it's your $$, and if you're happy that is all that should matter. Cool jeep - you're going to love it!

I think people post and share a lot of information about the 5-8% off invoice on here as most of the public has no idea that is available, and when they do they are super happy with the savings and getting to order exactly what you want from a dealer who's not going to jerk you around.
EXACTLY! Before I found this forum I had resigned to either paying MSRP locally for an ordered unit, cuz they have no stock or not getting a Wrangler cuz I ain't paying MSRP for any vehicle. So my decision was made for me. No Wrangler.

BUT THEN, I found this forum. I found and scoured the thread mentioned above and honestly, was quite suspicious of Gupton Motors at first, as they seemed to good to be true. No dealer BS, great price.

Before coming here I had NO IDEA what Tread Lightly was, what an FCA affiliate reward was, what TH a Control Number was, or frankly, that Gupton Motors even existed.

As luck would have it, I have a relative in the military at Fort Campbell, so I had been to their home it Clarksville many times, which is about 30 miles from Springfield where Gupton is located. Somehow that made me feel warm and fuzzy.

As many have noted above, if YOU are happy with YOUR deal that is all that matters. Cheers. :)
Sponsored