Sponsored

No one will admit it, but here goes.....

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
I ordered mine and got 12% off MSRP. I have to wait but am ok waiting for it to get built with the Rubi that I wanted vs what was available on the dealer lot. Plus its only an hour away so I am glad that you are happy with your purchase. I am too.
Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Everyone has reduced their discounts, across the board. They don't need to discount as much now to sell. So no, Criswell and Koons are no longer doing 7-8% below, but they are still doing discounts, which still puts them as most likely the lowest priced options.

Not a joke, but it definitely went over your head.
so you were really whining about having to do those things to save thousands on a vehicle purchase. Wow lol.

RioRideNM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenere 700
Gotta do what ya gotta do! Enjoy the Jeep!!
In my area, most had “market adjustments” that took my Willys sport’s 2dr MSRP from $36,225 to a new $40,225 before dealer fees, TTL, etc. I was going to be looking at $41,000+ OTD.

If my local dealer would have offered MSRP I probably would have ordered right then and there but I was feeling a bit cheated.

Shopped around and the 500 mile drive will be worth it for me to be OTD at $34,249.28 with only options being color (snazzelllbuberry $245), AC ($1,295), tow and electrical ($795), and hard top ($1,495)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Finding a 2dr 6spd Rubicon on a dealer lot is a true golden unicorn! Be happy w/ that find and have a blast in that bad boy!
Finding one on a lot and wanting it or needing it right away is the question. How much is that immediate gratification worth? In the same breath, no one is guaranteed the future. No right or wrong. Just what OP wants.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone has reduced their discounts, across the board. They don't need to discount as much now to sell. So no, Criswell and Koons are no longer doing 7-8% below, but they are still doing discounts, which still puts them as most likely the lowest priced options.

Not a joke, but it definitely went over your head.
Criswell was offering 5% with Affiliate, a couple of weeks ago. Gupton is doing 7% with Affiliate, 8% with Affiliate and if you take their financing for 3 months. You can pay it off afterwards. Both have a $495 DOC.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
There are 3 Jeep dealerships within easy driving distance of here. All 3 require full price for an ordered Jeep, regardless of model. They'll deal on a vehicle they have on the lot, though. But when I'm buying new, I'll order it the way I want it in the color I prefer.

No regrets.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
I sold a few vehicles did very well on both because of the timing and a shortage of trucks on local car lots. Moving t a new area and wanted to establish a relationship with the local dealer. Took my suitcase full of cash (just kidding) found pretty much exactly what I wanted on the lot got a few feel good $ off and some free stuff nothing substantial but I actually walked away with some change.
To justify it in my own mind I made money on the truck and didn't get much of a deal on the Jeep and I am lovin the Jeep life except now I have to mod all over again - just hope I learned some lessons from my last projects.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
So I paid msrp on a new 2021 wrangler Rubicon 6 speed, 2 door. There , I said it! I wanted/needed a new jeep and I wasn't about to wait around and see if prices come down on the 2022. I wasn't about to travel across the country for a "great" deal and every dealer within my vicinity (150 MI) all were at msrp....no deals! Sure I could have said no and bought a Tacoma but I wanted a Rubicon. I wanted a bare bones rig without all the add ons and doo-dads. The only extras I added was the premium soft top($595) and mopar grab handles and sill guards(130). I am excited to take delivery needless to say and start the mods! I haven't signed anything so maybe I can still haggle this guy down a grand. If not I want to try my luck at asking to swap new 33" stock rubber that comes standard for a new set of 35" tires even Steven....
Any body else pay msrp on their rig......my quote otd was $42600 if anybody wants to know.
On a side note, I wonder if anybody has ever ordered a stock rubi like I did and if they got the proverbial 8% below invoice, that's like a new rubi for like 35k!....yeah rite.
As has been said, that you are happy is the true bottom line.

I ordered my Wrangler. It was back in 2018. I was not in a rush and received a significant discount for doing so on top of allowing me to only get the features I wanted.

I might have had to do without features I wanted, or paid for those I didn't want had I purchased dealer inventory. So there's that.

Best of luck on your purchase.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Finding one on a lot and wanting it or needing it right away is the question. How much is that immediate gratification worth? In the same breath, no one is guaranteed the future. No right or wrong. Just what OP wants.
Luckily we ordered our 2019 from Jim Marsh in Las Vegas, got it for 6% under invoice and just how we wanted it. Times have changed a bit since then, our 2019 w/ 22k miles is now worth $2500 more than what we paid back then, who knew???

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cowboy from hell

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Thanx for the replies folks. I am happy with my purchase and can't wait to finally get her. My last jeep was a 99 Sahara, 2 Dr 6 speed and I loved it! Had to sell when I had a family. Now kids in college, I get my jeep again! Sweet.....

OP
OP
Cowboy from hell

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Anyone have any luck swapping out the stock rubber for 35" when its delivered? Think the dealership would give me a credit towards new 35" bfg k02?....or better luck trying that at a dedicated tire shop?...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Luckily we ordered our 2019 from Jim Marsh in Las Vegas, got it for 6% under invoice and just how we wanted it. Times have changed a bit since then, our 2019 w/ 22k miles is now worth $2500 more than what we paid back then, who knew???
I loved my '19 JLR and had no plans to get rid of it. Not until I saw the values on it. I sold it last month for MORE than what I paid. You can still get the same deals of 6%-8% under invoice today. Just need to be willing to travel. I can order another brand new 2021 JLR ,which is 2 years newer, for just about what I sold for. I was going to do just that but I decided to wait fo the 2022 at this point.

I actually sold a few cars to take advantage of the crazy high used prices. :LOL:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanx for the replies folks. I am happy with my purchase and can't wait to finally get her. My last jeep was a 99 Sahara, 2 Dr 6 speed and I loved it! Had to sell when I had a family. Now kids in college, I get my jeep again! Sweet.....
Congrats and enjoy it!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any luck swapping out the stock rubber for 35" when its delivered? Think the dealership would give me a credit towards new 35" bfg k02?....or better luck trying that at a dedicated tire shop?...
You can sell the OEM Rubicon wheels and tires fairly easy. I'd shop around. Good Luck.
Sponsored