Sponsored

No one will admit it, but here goes.....

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
We didn't get the best deal on our Jeep. But we were also able to get exact what my wife wanted so it didn't really matter in the end. We got what we wanted.

Could I have scoured the US looking for a similarly equipped 4xe and saved $2k? Probably. Would it have been worth all the time and hassle to me? Probably not.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Sounds like the program "Tread Lightly" has ended. In 2019 I ordered my JLR @ 1% under invoice, no haggling from local dealer. BTW OP congrats on yourJLR, best 'Jeep' ever made IMO.
Tread Lightly and Affiliate has not ended.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I would rather pay MSRP for a vehicle I actually want to drive than get a significant discount on a vehicle that I'd be miserable in (relatively) every day. Life's too short to boil everything down to a value proposition.
I completely agree with you, except… Value is a subjective term. No one here is forced to buy a Jeep (well, I was, but that is a weakness on my part 😜). If you paid more for your Jeep than you value it, thats on you.

Would I have liked to pay less for my Jeep, sure, but the cost of the additional steps necessary to achieve that lower cost did not add value, to me?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Tread Lightly and Affiliate has not ended.
True. The dealer has to agree to sell at least 1% below invoice. Many dealers are not willing to do that an a constrained supply vehicle right now.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I paid msrp on a new 2021 wrangler Rubicon 6 speed, 2 door. There , I said it! I wanted/needed a new jeep and I wasn't about to wait around and see if prices come down on the 2022. I wasn't about to travel across the country for a "great" deal and every dealer within my vicinity (150 MI) all were at msrp....no deals! Sure I could have said no and bought a Tacoma but I wanted a Rubicon. I wanted a bare bones rig without all the add ons and doo-dads. The only extras I added was the premium soft top($595) and mopar grab handles and sill guards(130). I am excited to take delivery needless to say and start the mods! I haven't signed anything so maybe I can still haggle this guy down a grand. If not I want to try my luck at asking to swap new 33" stock rubber that comes standard for a new set of 35" tires even Steven....
Any body else pay msrp on their rig......my quote otd was $42600 if anybody wants to know.
On a side note, I wonder if anybody has ever ordered a stock rubi like I did and if they got the proverbial 8% below invoice, that's like a new rubi for like 35k!....yeah rite.
Plenty of people have ordered from one of the small number of dealers who offer 5%-8% under invoice with Affiliate. Those numbers are real but include doc fees which can vary. Doc fees vary by State. A legit 5% below invoice is very doable. 8% is also doable with some requirements like taking the dealer's financing for 3 months. Even that 8% is really about 7.5% when you take into consideration a $499 doc fee. So YES, you can order a Rubicon and get 5%-8% under invoice. Some of these dealers who discount make it very easy to do business with them. Just take into consideration time and travel expenses, the different doc fees, and other requirements.

Reach out to Criswell if you want to put in the effort to save around $4K. They are about 6 hours from your profile location. They were doing 5% under invoice with a $499 doc a week or so ago on new orders with Affiliate. Or email more dealers in your area. You might find a dealer selling for somewhere in between. Good Luck.

jlc64uk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2021 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the program "Tread Lightly" has ended. In 2019 I ordered my JLR @ 1% under invoice, no haggling from local dealer. BTW OP congrats on yourJLR, best 'Jeep' ever made IMO.
Nope it is still in place. Just used it 6 weeks ago to buy my new 2021 Rubi JTR. Well worth the price of membership!

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I'll admit I fill up when I'm near empty and pull to the nearest station and pay MSRP for gas.
No searching for deals for me....lol

Mal Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
I paid a little under MSRP. I had to fight for every dollar under MSRP I paid, and most dealers had markups. I was able to take advantage of the currently high price for my trade (we'll see how long that lasts) and now I'm very much enjoying driving my first Jeep.

I think the trade-off was worth it. (=

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. The dealer has to agree to sell at least 1% below invoice. Many dealers are not willing to do that an a constrained supply vehicle right now.
It boils down to how much your willing to put into it. You can save thousands easily if you put in the effort. It's not even much work. All of the work can be done over phone and email. And if you are shopping "in-stock" or ordered Wranglers. You should be able to get a better deal than 1% on a order. There are a few dealers on this forum that will sell for 5%-8% under invoice. That is substantial from MSRP or even 1% under invoice. Between msrp and 5%-8%, there is more than enough meat on the bone to work out a deal. You can have a vehicle shipped and still save a considerable amount of cash.

Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
So I paid msrp on a new 2021 wrangler Rubicon 6 speed, 2 door. There , I said it! I wanted/needed a new jeep and I wasn't about to wait around and see if prices come down on the 2022. I wasn't about to travel across the country for a "great" deal and every dealer within my vicinity (150 MI) all were at msrp....no deals! Sure I could have said no and bought a Tacoma but I wanted a Rubicon. I wanted a bare bones rig without all the add ons and doo-dads. The only extras I added was the premium soft top($595) and mopar grab handles and sill guards(130). I am excited to take delivery needless to say and start the mods! I haven't signed anything so maybe I can still haggle this guy down a grand. If not I want to try my luck at asking to swap new 33" stock rubber that comes standard for a new set of 35" tires even Steven....
Any body else pay msrp on their rig......my quote otd was $42600 if anybody wants to know.
On a side note, I wonder if anybody has ever ordered a stock rubi like I did and if they got the proverbial 8% below invoice, that's like a new rubi for like 35k!....yeah rite.
You did good. I have bought several vehicles in recent months, had to for my company, and paid over list.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'll admit I fill up when I'm near empty and pull to the nearest station and pay MSRP for gas.
I admit to just pulling in and getting gas without even looking at the price. If I need it, I get it. Beats waiting in line for 20 minutes at Costco to save a dime a gallon.

I guess that’s something to consider about on a fly and drive. Some areas are approaching $4 a gallon. Makes a 1000 mile drive home a little more expensive. Then there’s the time and plane ticket to factor in.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan and am never near empty if possible. I try not to pay $5.10 a gallon when Costco charges $3.90. A life vest is different story. You don't ask what the price of the life vest is if your drowning. I am paying whatever it cost if I am drowning. :LOL:

Last edited:

aronslusa

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
It boils down to how much your willing to put into it. You can save thousands easily if you put in the effort. It's not even much work. All of the work can be done over phone and email. And if you are shopping "in-stock" or ordered Wranglers. You should be able to get a better deal than 1% on a order. There are a few dealers on this forum that will sell for 5%-8% under invoice. That is substantial from MSRP or even 1% under invoice. Between msrp and 5%-8%, there is more than enough meat on the bone to work out a deal. You can have a vehicle shipped and still save a considerable amount of cash.
Who is selling for that far back of invoice, thats nuts! Dang
I could understand 5-8% back of sicker, but invoice... Dealers gotta be nuts to take that kind of deal.
Congrats to anyone who found something like that.
Sponsored