Sponsored

No one will admit it, but here goes.....

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
So I paid msrp on a new 2021 wrangler Rubicon 6 speed, 2 door. There , I said it! I wanted/needed a new jeep and I wasn't about to wait around and see if prices come down on the 2022. I wasn't about to travel across the country for a "great" deal and every dealer within my vicinity (150 MI) all were at msrp....no deals! Sure I could have said no and bought a Tacoma but I wanted a Rubicon. I wanted a bare bones rig without all the add ons and doo-dads. The only extras I added was the premium soft top($595) and mopar grab handles and sill guards(130). I am excited to take delivery needless to say and start the mods! I haven't signed anything so maybe I can still haggle this guy down a grand. If not I want to try my luck at asking to swap new 33" stock rubber that comes standard for a new set of 35" tires even Steven....
Any body else pay msrp on their rig......my quote otd was $42600 if anybody wants to know.
On a side note, I wonder if anybody has ever ordered a stock rubi like I did and if they got the proverbial 8% below invoice, that's like a new rubi for like 35k!....yeah rite.
Sponsored

Lawn Jockey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude 4x4
If you buy a Wrangler in Oklahoma you’re gonna pay MSRP or you’re not gonna get a Jeep. End of story.

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
All that matters is that you’re happy. I am currently waiting on my 21 Willys Sport order to replace my 20 Sport. I went with a local-ish dealer because I’m all about convenience nor do I have the time or desire to travel a great distance to save a few bucks. My time is more valuable. I’m content with what I ordered and with the agreed upon price.

Congratulations on the Rubi and happy jeeping!

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I ordered a new Rubi this spring and the dealers first offer on price was about $1300 under MSRP. Once it arrived and we sat down I was able to get them to drop a full point on the interest rate to 3.5% and I made the deal. It was important to me to use the local dealer so I didn't travle or haggle until I beat them out of all the profit, I just bought it because that is what my wife has wanted for years. We paid around $43k OTD for a 2 dr six speed Rubi with a hard top, tow pkg and cold weather pkg and have since picked up a soft top from the dealer parts dept.

I also have a new truck on order, everybody was msrp because they are so scarce. I managed to get $500 off msrp and signed that deal, no regrets. I find some of the wheeler dealer stories fun to read but have no desire to beat the local guy out of a sale over relatively small savings and then ask them to support me later.

Sponsored

NHMojito

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
Never pay more than what you’re willing to pay to get what you want. It’s that simple. Everyone’s situation is different. Some people don’t mind the inconvenience of ordering exactly what they want, then waiting for it. Others are happy to buy at whatever price to support their local dealer.
If you’re satisfied with the rig and the price, what else could you want?
But maybe if you’re posting this thought in the forum, you’ve got second guesses already about the deal you’re about to make. If not, then don’t sweat it!
Enjoy your new Jeep and we’ll all be ready to wave to you!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not seeing anything here that's worth being bashful about. We're in crazy times right now, and previously had deals are being replaced with markups above msrp. You got what you want, how you want it, and you didn't settle for a 2nd choice. Congratulations! Enjoy your new Rubicon and post some pics to show it off!

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
First, congratulations on your Jeep.

What matters is you are satisfied with the deal. I would have so liked to have bought local, but like someone mentioned above, around here too, its MSRP or the door.

I'll admit, I like getting a deal. I'm using the trip to TN as an excuse for a mini-vaca. I'm using my 7% savings to buy goodies, in fact I may have already started and I don't even have my Wrangler yet.

I trust you will enjoy your Jeep just as much as someone who got a deal. 🙂

My first purchase:

20210727_063844.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Congratulations on your Rubi! As long as you are happy with what you paid that is all that matters.

You paid a lot less than most folks just by not loading up on options.

My Rubicon is a 4-door, but only 2 options were Premium Soft Top and Cold Weather Package. MSRP was around $45k. I did get 7% off invoice so paid around $40k before TTL.

Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I would rather pay MSRP for a vehicle I actually want to drive than get a significant discount on a vehicle that I'd be miserable in (relatively) every day. Life's too short to boil everything down to a value proposition.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So I paid msrp on a new 2021 wrangler Rubicon 6 speed, 2 door. There , I said it! I wanted/needed a new jeep and I wasn't about to wait around and see if prices come down on the 2022. I wasn't about to travel across the country for a "great" deal and every dealer within my vicinity (150 MI) all were at msrp....no deals! Sure I could have said no and bought a Tacoma but I wanted a Rubicon. I wanted a bare bones rig without all the add ons and doo-dads. The only extras I added was the premium soft top($595) and mopar grab handles and sill guards(130). I am excited to take delivery needless to say and start the mods! I haven't signed anything so maybe I can still haggle this guy down a grand. If not I want to try my luck at asking to swap new 33" stock rubber that comes standard for a new set of 35" tires even Steven....
Any body else pay msrp on their rig......my quote otd was $42600 if anybody wants to know.
On a side note, I wonder if anybody has ever ordered a stock rubi like I did and if they got the proverbial 8% below invoice, that's like a new rubi for like 35k!....yeah rite.
I paid about 6.6% below MSRP from a dealer 150 miles away from city (every dealer in my city was at MSRP probably because they’re owned by the same family). I did the entire purchase through email/phone and they will deliver to my driveway for free!

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
There was no haggling on my Rubicon. It was the price on it or see ya. It was easy for them to do too since people were quickly buying the new Jeep JLs. I did get a company discount though since my employer is a major customer of theirs. I actually bought it as others looked on that had their eyes on it too. Saw a couple people that really looked disappointed. I beat them to it just barely. that scenario is still happening today.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
These days getting exactly what you want at MSRP is a fair deal. Many dealers are asking $3-5k over right now. Chip shortages are predicted now to last well into 2022.
Sponsored