Sponsored

No odometer

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Notice in the past couple of months, the odometer is missing on the screen. Then I saw the “P” in park missing. The battery (s) went dead this weekend so I charged them and took it to the dealer to have them checked out under warranty. They did a couple of software updates, batteries tested good. They said the odometer might have been from the low battery charge. I told them it was missing before the battery issue. Of course the odometer worked when it was in the shop. Guess what, left the dealership and no odometer. Anyone else had this issue? 2018 JLUR March 2018 build
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

May seem silly but go under the hood and open the fuse box. Check that every fuse and relay is fully seated. The JLs are known to leave the factory with loose fuses/relays and that causes various electrical issues. Also, just to note, others have seen items disappear after a battery disconnect only to have them reappear after a short while.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Notice in the past couple of months, the odometer is missing on the screen. Then I saw the “P” in park missing. The battery (s) went dead this weekend so I charged them and took it to the dealer to have them checked out under warranty. They did a couple of software updates, batteries tested good. They said the odometer might have been from the low battery charge. I told them it was missing before the battery issue. Of course the odometer worked when it was in the shop. Guess what, left the dealership and no odometer. Anyone else had this issue? 2018 JLUR March 2018 build
Hi Stickerhead,
I certainly can see why this might be frustrating. If this continues, we recommend revisiting your dealer. Feel free to reach out to us privately if you find that you require additional assistance.

Kathryn
JeepCares

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
This may be dumb but double check that it’s enabled. I’m pretty sure I remember a customization setting in the dash to toggle the odometer on and off.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

This may be dumb but double check that it’s enabled. I’m pretty sure I remember a customization setting in the dash to toggle the odometer on and off.
You cannot turn the odometer off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stickerhead

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes but mine comes and goes. It is not off or on. Tonite it is working but the backup camera quit working again after a radio update last week. Went to dinner, came out and backup camera now works.

Sponsored

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Yes but mine comes and goes. It is not off or on. Tonite it is working but the backup camera quit working again after a radio update last week. Went to dinner, came out and backup camera now works.
Not that I have a solution. But I have noticed that the JL's need to be rebooted a lot.

I have had my Volume Stop Working... Pull Over. Restart Jeep... Works Fine.
I have had my Jeep lose all determination of the gear the transfer case is in.... Restart Jeep... Works Fine.
I have had my Jeep lose all idea of where it is (GPS)... Restart Jeep... Works Fine 25% of the time :)
My buddy had all sorts of 4wd Service Codes and Errors, along with a funny sound every 10 Feet while Driving in 4 low... Shut off for 15 Minutes and Restart... Works Fine.

I am sure that there are others with lists of Buggy JL Electronics.

Good Luck.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have had my Jeep lose all idea of where it is (GPS)... Restart Jeep... Works Fine 25% of the time :)
I believe there is a UConnect software update that addresses this GPS issue.

OP
OP
Stickerhead

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So the radio was reflashed. Now I have lost the backup camera three times since. I lost the “N” for neutral, before it was the “P”. Now they are back. Odometer 80% of the times is not there.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
There are a ton of computers and programs running on these Jeeps (and any modern vehicle for that matter). It sounds like one of your computers is having issues. I suspect all the problems will be resolved with one fix. Of course that's assume they determine which computer is the one with issues, but they all sound to be related to the same computer
For what it's worth, my odometer was sporadically showing 999999. It started doing it more frequently after a few weeks/months. There was a TSB for the odometer, so the dealer performed that while they had it in for the stabilizer recall and it's been fine since. Maybe not the same problem, but it seems logical that all 9's or going blank is an issue with the same computer. If so there's a TSB to resolve your issue.
FWIW, I would also assume the transmission indicator is the same computer. It's just the cluster display, not an issue with the actual system (my odometer was still tracking correctly even when displaying 9's).