No more red rubi dash?

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Is there anything definitive out there that the Rubicon no longer comes with the red dash standard, and is now getting the grey? I feel like I have seen it in a few places now.

EDIT I'm an idiot, the thread in question clearly said 4XE.
Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Just the most recent order guide, which seems to remove any reference to the Redicle dash. That’s as good as you’re gonna get until Jeep starts producing them, or the configuration is updated for 2022.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I didn't like the red dash until I got my jeep. Very quickly I didn't even notice and now I think it looks good. If I had a red jeep it might not look good. Its a good sheen so it isn't as bad as it seems in the pics.

If you want a gray dash, prior you would get the tan interior seats. I do not know if there is a change to this for 2022.

OP
OP
TriumphJeepster

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
I mean, Anybody can just buy a different colored OEM dash and install it themselves. They run around $300. Never understood why some people (not talking about the OP here) actually choose their Jeep based on dash color.
100% this.

I was just curious is all. Since Jeep won't give me 2022 colors I'm finding new ways to amuse myself.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I mean, Anybody can just buy a different colored OEM dash and install it themselves. They run around $300. Never understood why some people (not talking about the OP here) actually choose their Jeep based on dash color.
who does that?

I simply like the color, I didn’t order a rubi XR just because it’s dash was red though.

Sponsored

PatriotBlue

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR (2.0L)
who does that?
Haha, I may be one of them. The dash, when hit by bright light with the top off, can look like ruby red slippers or something. I don't mind it at all, and i think it looks cool on those dark and gloomy days (when it looks more matte), just not always my favorite. I'd consider a swap if I didn't have to mess with the airbag assembly.

But yeah, I bought my Rubicon for the lockers and other goodies. Really a shame you can't buy a vehicle in the U.S. the way you can in Europe and just build it option by option, and get the exact axles, dash, etc. you want straight from the factory.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I wish it was an option, I like the red dash but on Gecko its not great to me, It's grown on me but I think If I had the oppurtunity I'd swap it out. I wonder if my dealership would have those parts? I'll have to research some more into it.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my $0.02: on any non red color, blue especially, but black, grey, white, etc. the red will pop and be amazing. It sure is on our Bikini Pearl.

However, on a red, especially firecracker, it'll clash.

On our Tuscadero, yet another great reason for the 4xe w/leather is the black leather dash with blue stitching.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I was happy that in 2019 they would vary between grey or red depending on the paint color. I had Punk'n so grey looked much better.

My 2020 was Hellayella and came with red. Looked like ketchup and mustard so I started calling it Ronald 😆.

My 2021 has the red dash as well.