Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
You could use a virtual machine to run Windows and the software. And then take screenshots from hypervisor.
Windows Sandbox is even easier than an VM, although setting up a VM is pretty easy. But like I said, they can only prevent screenshots from apps that honor the restriction. It's easy to find free imaging apps that will capture the image.
Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I lost my physical MoparAuthority USB and went looking for other options.. I found this one:

https://www.alldata.com/diy-us/en

Let me tell you this Alldata website is a MILLION TIMES better
<snip>
+1 to AllData DIY. They recently added the 2021 MY Jeeps too. I'm adding that to my subscription - been using them for many years.

scoutermike

First Name
Mike Assef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler XR
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Problem with Alldata is the 392 isn’t listed yet. I have always bought service manuals for my new Mopars as soon as they became available. DAMN!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I think I have replied to everyone inquiring about the 2018 service manual. It was also available on CD on ebay recently.
If I missed you, PM me again.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Wife and I started having the same discussion just a few min ago lol. Might do an exploratory 3 day sub and see what can and can't be done with the service info - if they have copy and print protections or whatever.
Please let me know what you find. There is no way I'm paying for any of those subscriptions every time I need to work on my Jeep.
By the way, if you install Foxit, and I think even Adobe PDF reader, you get a virtual print-to-pdf driver device. So if you are allowed to print from the subscription, you can save as PDF and not have to deal with a thousand pages of loose paper. Plus you would save a lot of time by not waiting on the printer.

Sponsored

ALK

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
BMW is starting to charge a subscription for the heated seats, steering wheel & other options, now.

OP
OP
Remorseless

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Update to this - the Mopar TechAuthority folks offered me a trial 3 day subscription. Due to life craziness and covid, didn't have a chance to get back to them about it until today. If I didn't wait too long to get back to them, we'll soon see how it goes getting the FSM copied out of the online viewer and into PDF.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Last edited:

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
So, I'm big into having the factory service manual for my vehicles so that I can follow OEM procedures to fix anything that goes wrong with the stuff on my vehicles that is still OEM. I've been patiently waiting to see if the '21/'22 Wrangler service manuals show up on the TechAuthority site for some time now and got tired of waiting and decided to email them to see what's up with the USBs. Lo and behold, they're not publishing them anymore and the only way to access the same data is through the "Mopar Service Library", which is online and subscription based. Kicker is, those $150 service manuals are now behind a subscription that's $40 for 3 days, $250 for a month, or $1,800 for a year. Yep, $1,800 per year to have the same kind of long term access that a $150 USB got you previously. Pretty frustrated with that, figured I'd share the news in case anyone else was hoping to see an updated service manual USB show up. TechAuthority support email below:

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Mopar’s TechAuthority.

Mopar TechAuthority no longer stocks USBs for the 2021 and 2022 Wrangler. However, for your immediate needs your vehicle information is available via the Mopar Service Library! Service Library provides the most recent up to date information for your vehicle via a subscription. Go to https://stellantisiop.com.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Mopar TechAuthority Support
Shortly after I picked up my 2022 Sahara I was out on Jeep Wave and I downloaded a bunch of scematics of the different systems. They are not Service Manuals but they are the wiring diagrams of some of the different systems. If these are not free now and anybody wants a copy of all these .PDFs let me know and I can email them to you.

Jeep Wrangler JL No more physical service USBs 1660248491976

Jeep Wrangler JL No more physical service USBs 1660248397431

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe

Heimkehr

First Name
James