Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
This was my roadblock. I didn't receive any prompts about running Active content, etc, so I clicked Cancel.

Thoughts? I'm not very techy in such matters. TIA.

18 OM download stop out.jpg
You need to download anyway, unzip the folder, then launch the batch file with Internet explorer. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Remorseless

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Hey folks, I owe and update here - sorry for the long delay. So, the week subscription went well and I got the majority of the FSM printed to PDF. However, the DTC section is gigantic and I only got part of that. Took a long time since, basically, I'm slacking at work when I'm downloading sections and I'd been unable to slack too much during the back half of the time I had the sub from the Mopar folks.

Anyway, I think it's doable within 12ish days if you're hardcore about doing it. Way the wife and I figure it, at $40 for 3 days, you're spending $160 and that's right around the cost of the old USB style. So, my plan is to finish up with up to 4 3 day subs to finish up the DTCs and non-DTC code sections and call it good.

An interesting note is that the web version via the sub does have Mopar "tech tip" style videos that demonstrate how to do some of the more complex jobs. For instance, on my JKR I had to replace the oil pump. It was straightforward in the 3.6. Being curious about the same job on the 2.0T, took a look and it's a lot more complicated. However, there was a useful video to go along with it. So, that being said, I do think if they maintain those videos, it may be worthwhile to consider a short sub if you're doing a big job.

Also, a great many thanks to @zrickety!

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
I have been nerding out pretty hard on this issue on two fronts. One, emulation on Linux via Wine (recursive acronym for Wine Is Not an Emulator). The other, a Linux distribution intended to provide binary compatibility for Windows programs--ReactOS. I'm able to get around the lack of Internet Explorer using Opera browser in my ReactOS virtual machine. Still playing around with the Flash and Javascript challenges.

As seen in attached screenshot, I was able to select a model year and a model and an engine. I need to understand why my Opera Browser running in ReactOS doesn't want to run the JavaScript. I can't even use the Wine Internet Explorer, but I may not have to since Opera seems to browse those pages decently enough in my virtual machine.

Opera_browser_on_ReactOS.png

Last edited: