No more oil filters or wiper blades

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Hi DanW. I too have a '15 Renegade but the 1.4Turbo 6M version. Been finding 5w/40 much harder to find than the Wrangler's 3.6 0W/20. And at 110k miles, not so picky on MS specs anymore.

But don't lose sleep, am building my 1 year supply for all my cars this week.
2 years ago I was car shopping with my daughter looking for a Renegade and we found a new 2018 Renegade 1.4 Turbo 6M sitting at a dealer heavily discounted. Very fun car. I priced 6 quarts of 5w40 on Amazon for over $50 today. After recently purchasing 3 Mopar oil changes for $100, I think look for that deal when those 3 run out.
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Local Wally World had an entire endcap of Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 5w-30 yesterday at $24.99.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Last WEEK IT WAS 24.77. Today it is:
1646851441135.png

1646851390149.png
That is typical Amazon. Unless they are competing with another retailer like Walmart that is selling the same item, Amazon flexes their pricing up and down based on demand. Since there is a bigger push for this item, they are going price it as such higher.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
That is typical Amazon. Unless they are competing with another retailer like Walmart that is selling the same item, Amazon flexes their pricing up and down based on demand. Since there is a bigger push for this item, they are going price it as such higher.
Yep...went back down yesterday. Bought 1 more so I can always have 1 spare b4 I have to reorder.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Add corned beef to that too.
Funny you should mention corned beef. One of the endcap freezers at the grocery store was well stocked with fresh flat-cut corned beef briskets, and bags of sauerkraut, this morning. I bought a nice example of the former. Some will be eaten after cooking; the rest will be individually portioned in vacuum sealer bags. I've the same plans for the 2 lb. meatloaf that's in the oven as I type this post. Edit: The 'loaf is out of the oven now, and very yummy. It won't last long enough for freezing.

Ground beef and varying cuts of steak were quite lowish for a while in Summer 2020, as consumer commodity shortages were peaking. Corned beef, though, was always available without any observed reduction in the usual quantities. Perhaps there's something in that.

-------------

Next time I'm out, I will be picking up a bit more 5W-30 oil. There's a few mouths in the shed that require their own allotment, and Spring will be here soon enough.

Last edited:

Slammed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU ,2010 Kia Soul
Just had my oil changed this morning. Didn’t mention anything about this

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
There is always a lot of shade thrown towards oil change vendors. Mostly deserved. Here is a new dissatisfaction story: My daughter has been chasing a rattle in her Patriot for 6 months. Finally I had her take it to the Jeep dealer, my treat, to find it. It was cheap ($80), but frustrating. Valvoline Express Service had removed her air cleaner ("It's dirty. Do you want this changed, miss?") and failed to tighten the housing properly. And...no, her filter was NOT dirty. Thanks Valvoline!

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
......and ammo!
So I got all my oil and filters today for the JL and the BU from Walmart, buying up corned beef (some also didn't make it home), and I'm watching Red Dawn ('84) now so there's no sleeping tonight.
I was fine till I joined this forum.

Last edited:

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Honda Element
M110A by Mobil1
That's a run of the mill filter (the same as a XX356). Just to let you know, the filter industry is pretty much Mann+Hummel. They are dominating the filter industry as Champion Laboratories did make the Mobil 1 filters but now it's just a mix of whoever owns a brand name at the time. I just got a shipment today as they are the filter we use the most.
Sponsored