danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice on the Jeep site when you build one, you can no longer get half the colors on the Sport level trim?? What the heck is up with that Jeep???
Sponsored

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Anyone notice on the Jeep site when you build one, you can no longer get half the colors on the Sport level trim?? What the heck is up with that Jeep???
I looked and noticed that too, either it’s a glitch or they are really pushing the higher trims. Also, did they always charge extra $$for granite?

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I looked and noticed that too, either it’s a glitch or they are really pushing the higher trims. Also, did they always charge extra $$for granite?
I know FCA likes to squeeze every nickle from us, but yes I noticed half of the paints are now an upcharge....complete BS some marketing people had a wonderful brain fart and decide to a) limit colors b) up charge everyone who doesn't want black, white, or red......FCA needs to realize this is not an Audi!

The Duke

First Name
Jkyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Toyota 4Runner '07 Nissan 350Z
I noticed this started about 5 days ago I believe. Perhaps the shakeup of colors is coming soon.

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed this started about 5 days ago I believe. Perhaps the shakeup of colors is coming soon.
who knows the brain trust at FCA is suspect at best. Like Jeep75th said most likely a pilot program to see how many people will opt for a higher end model to get a color they want.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
A lot of manufacturers charge more for certain colors now. It isn't just FCA. Certain paints cost more to make than others. I am willing to pay a few extra dollars for a good color.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I know FCA likes to squeeze every nickle from us, but yes I noticed half of the paints are now an upcharge....complete BS some marketing people had a wonderful brain fart and decide to a) limit colors b) up charge everyone who doesn't want black, white, or red......FCA needs to realize this is not an Audi!
Wranglers are definitely priced in the same range as Audi now. Kind of makes me wonder why they have price increases for MSRP while dealers need to offer huge discounts to sell them?

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of manufacturers charge more for certain colors now. It isn't just FCA. Certain paints cost more to make than others. I am willing to pay a few extra dollars for a good color.
I know that but after decades of buying Jeeps this is a first ever for paint upcharge. And after all FCA makes a ton of $$ off each Wrangler sale. Shit look at how it’d built, spot welds showing, etc. only $40-$50k suv where half the options we pay for are standard features everywhere else.

don’t get me wrong I’ve owned 7 wranglers and 5 other Jeep vehicles. I love the brand but really give us a little break sometime

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I just looked at Build, JL Sport, 2 colors extra, Granite and Stingray, others, including Yellow, Mohito, no up charge..

rba89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLU
The metallic paint choices get the up-charge.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I noticed this about a month ago. Then the colors were back. Now they are gone again.

Wouldn't be surprised if FCA is trying to push buyers to higher trims and make colors "Premium."

Prices have been getting out of hand for years, however, since the JL came to market they have been downright nickle and diming.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Some other car makers play the paint color games. Only allowing certain colors on lower end versions. Trying to get customers into more costly versions to get a certain color. Hate those games, sad to see if Wrangler is joining those ranks.
Sponsored