Sponsored

No Mopar tube door mirrors expected, but there are solutions

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
So now that the Mopar tube doors are hitting door steps across America, some of us are learning there’s a mirror issue. When I ordered my tube doors back in June 2018, I also ordered Mopar mirrors that specifically stated “for optional tube doors”. If you look at the featured green jeep decked out with Mopar accessories, you’ll see the tube doors and some pretty nifty mirrors attached as well. Then reality.

So Mopar/FCA told our old buddy Benny from AllMoparParts there is no attachment for the tube doors and no info if there ever will be one. So what do we do now? Luckily, I may have found a solution. Welcome to Amazon, if you don’t already know about Amazon, I’m sure EBay will work, but your first problem is the rock you’re hiding under.

So on Amazon you can search for 2” Roll Cage Mirrors and you’ll start to see options. Pick what you want, I can only comment on the ones I got. I ordered a pair that are convex to broaden my view and they are going to work perfectly. From what I can tell, all UTV roll bar mirrors are adjustable to the angle relative to the tube, so don’t let the picture online scare you. The mirrors pictured advertise at 4” X 7” and although they look a little small, due to being convex, they are about perfect. If they were flat, I’d need a much larger mirror to see the blind spots better.

Good luck to everyone and good luck finding the right mirrors for your doors.

BF9A116D-9EE3-46E9-9BD1-7E20E79FBB6E.jpeg

E20DEF36-82D8-490D-9079-FB8217181FF9.jpeg

8CBDC45F-F998-4A60-B19B-8C395E8BFF77.jpeg

77F1727C-DECA-4C26-96C3-4689C6D0265B.jpeg

BDE7F95D-AB32-4688-AF90-2F093A37BB3E.jpeg

C8EC2B64-572F-4BDD-8BE1-9363A60E4F48.jpeg

16A7F215-33F9-471A-9AFA-EB2D335824BE.jpeg

7EB29D17-FF69-42D7-AD62-5FAAF4EAC30E.jpeg
Well done and I like the fact that the mirror hardware is all black. That's a bonus for those who hate exposed, shiny metal
Sponsored

OP
OP
SONofHELGI

SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Something that sounds technical, but it's not.
So how are the actual tube doors? I've been wanting to get a set but would like to read some reviews on them
My wife and I love them. The 2" tubing matches the rock rails and stinger perfectly. The quality of the latches and hinges is, well... OEM quality. lol

I think my only complaint is the bump-stops used to close the doors firmly and avoid rattling. I think they could have been places somewhere better and been a little more beefy. I'll take a picture and post it when I get a chance. I noticed a few weld issues, but it doesn't take away from the strength, just not as precise as I'd prefer for the $.

All that being said, I'd recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

After using the mirrors for a little over a week now, I love them and recommend them as well. No matter what mirrors you get, make sure the passenger mirror is convex or you'll have a horribly diminished point of view from it.

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Algorithmic Trading Strategies
I chose to go with the tube doors by Rugged Ridge, which come with mirrors.

However, I ended up replacing them with smaller A-pillar mounted mirrors by CMM Offroad.
https://www.carolinametalmasters.com/

They are up high and as such give me better visibility out the doors. They also have a curvature that enables me to see what's in my blind spot as well as the ground right below the Jeep.

They have zero vibration and also have a nifty ball mounting spot.

They also can be unscrewed by hand when you are offroading in tight spots and don't want to smash them on a rock or trees.

Highly recommended.

See more at: https://www.instagram.com/suboptimal_

arrow.jpg
IMG_20190220_143035_680.jpg
20190218_121016.jpg

Last edited:

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93’ Wrangler & 2019 Rubicon JLU
HI everyone, I am new to the forum and glad to be on board. I have been a Jeep lover since 93'. I have a new 2019 Rubicon JLU and just purchased the MOPAR tubular doors. I wanted to order the Chupacabra mirrors that were recommended on this thread but they are all on back order with no light at the end of the tunnel. Does anyone have another brand of mirrors that they have used and would recommend to me? I do not want a mirror that mounts on the jeep itself but rather one I can put directly on the tubular doors like the Chupacabra model. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My wife and I love them. The 2" tubing matches the rock rails and stinger perfectly. The quality of the latches and hinges is, well... OEM quality. lol

I think my only complaint is the bump-stops used to close the doors firmly and avoid rattling. I think they could have been places somewhere better and been a little more beefy. I'll take a picture and post it when I get a chance. I noticed a few weld issues, but it doesn't take away from the strength, just not as precise as I'd prefer for the $.

All that being said, I'd recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

After using the mirrors for a little over a week now, I love them and recommend them as well. No matter what mirrors you get, make sure the passenger mirror is convex or you'll have a horribly diminished point of view from it.
+1 on the weak bump stops. I plan to find a more robust alternative and replace mine OR use some RTV in them to both mate better and provide a bit more “meat” inside them. Bump stops are my only complaint besides the lack of forethought on mirrors of course.

Sponsored

Cali-JeepJL

First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Just got the mopar tube doors installed and added magnets so my rockslide engineering step sliders still work

I LOVE the design of these doors. Once fully adjusted they are really solid - no rattles and solid feeling. Getting them all aligned was fairly easy

Love how they bow out from the body, giving lots of feeling of space inside the cab.

1FF3992F-C1EA-4062-8F49-1809C1991CA4.jpeg

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
So now that the Mopar tube doors are hitting door steps across America, some of us are learning there’s a mirror issue. When I ordered my tube doors back in June 2018, I also ordered Mopar mirrors that specifically stated “for optional tube doors”. If you look at the featured green jeep decked out with Mopar accessories, you’ll see the tube doors and some pretty nifty mirrors attached as well. Then reality.

So Mopar/FCA told our old buddy Benny from AllMoparParts there is no attachment for the tube doors and no info if there ever will be one. So what do we do now? Luckily, I may have found a solution. Welcome to Amazon, if you don’t already know about Amazon, I’m sure EBay will work, but your first problem is the rock you’re hiding under.

So on Amazon you can search for 2” Roll Cage Mirrors and you’ll start to see options. Pick what you want, I can only comment on the ones I got. I ordered a pair that are convex to broaden my view and they are going to work perfectly. From what I can tell, all UTV roll bar mirrors are adjustable to the angle relative to the tube, so don’t let the picture online scare you. The mirrors pictured advertise at 4” X 7” and although they look a little small, due to being convex, they are about perfect. If they were flat, I’d need a much larger mirror to see the blind spots better.

Good luck to everyone and good luck finding the right mirrors for your doors.

BF9A116D-9EE3-46E9-9BD1-7E20E79FBB6E.jpeg

E20DEF36-82D8-490D-9079-FB8217181FF9.jpeg

8CBDC45F-F998-4A60-B19B-8C395E8BFF77.jpeg

77F1727C-DECA-4C26-96C3-4689C6D0265B.jpeg

BDE7F95D-AB32-4688-AF90-2F093A37BB3E.jpeg

C8EC2B64-572F-4BDD-8BE1-9363A60E4F48.jpeg

16A7F215-33F9-471A-9AFA-EB2D335824BE.jpeg

7EB29D17-FF69-42D7-AD62-5FAAF4EAC30E.jpeg

Anyway of using these mirrors without the mopar doors? Would this be able to mount to the grab handles, etc?
Sponsored