NO military discount on 2020 JL

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
If it weren't for the military, the Jeep would not even exist. Per Jeep cars and my email to FCA, none of the 2020 models are yet cleared for a military discount! Did Jeep forget who most of their first customers were? I know we are a bit out from the 2020 JL but I cant decide between a Gladiator and JLUR. Its only 500 bucks......but its 500 bucks!
Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
It will come around .. it always does

GeneralKlinger

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE
I've already gotten down to 7% under invoice on the 2020MY with the Tread Lightly discount. I was told I can't add the military discount to that anymore. Does FCA do something differently? Doesn't the $500 MIL stack on top of whatever I can negotiate?

OP
OP

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I recently received a private message from Jeepcares....it states that as of now, and to for the foreseeable future the Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator will not be eligible for the military discount. Now that's a shame. For once in my life, as a die-hard Jeep fan, I am ashamed of their actions. I am at the Easter Jeep Safari every year and at their display show, there is always a huge presence of military members. Both current and retired. I cant believe that they overlooked the thought that the vehicles that they were so proud to display there, that are for sale now, would be wanted by the faithful! I wont be ordering until the military discount is instituted. I encourage any military members that feel as I do to send a message to FCA in any way you deem appropriate.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
My gut tells me they will take the AP pricing away from the JL as well. They aren't accepting it for the Gladiator already.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
It’s only $500! Pennies compared to what they are pulling in for profit on the Wrangler and Gladiator.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you’re a member of USAA but I just got a discount code from them to use for the purchase of my Jeep. Good at any dealership in US.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Military discount and other rebates are a marketing tool, not an entitlement. I am a vet and while I find the occasional discount for it a nicety, it not a necessity in my shopping and the absence of it alone does not alter my purchasing habits.

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
Military discount and other rebates are a marketing tool, not an entitlement. I am a vet and while I find the occasional discount for it a nicety, it not a necessity in my shopping and the absence of it alone does not alter my purchasing habits.
Same here, but I would still gladly take my money to an organization that honors us than not, especially companies that were born from our blood so-to-speak.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I did 6 years in the Navy. It wasn't for charity, I had my own reasons for doing it, as does every service member. By no means am I insulted by the lack of a veteran/military/police/firefighter/first responder/paramedic/Coast Guard/other group discount. Would it be nice, sure. To be outraged over the lack of a discount is a little over-reactionary. And guess what, for every one they sell at a discount, they have to charge more for the others to make up for it. Heck, we don't even know what colors the 2020 JL will have, and people are upset there is no discount?

StyleGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC YUKON DENALI, 2017 JAGUAR XE, 2014 MASERATI GHIBLI SQ4
Not sure if you’re a member of USAA but I just got a discount code from them to use for the purchase of my Jeep. Good at any dealership in US.
For a Wrangler? The USAA site doesn’t show a rebate for the Wrangler.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My gut tells me they will take the AP pricing away from the JL as well. They aren't accepting it for the Gladiator already.
This is interesting. FCA essentially just raised prices. Maybe the bean counters figured out it makes more sense to sell fewer units at higher prices? The lack of additional discounts would help resale values.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I honor our military and I personally thank many of the uniformed young men and women that I see in places like airports, etc. There is also a Marine Captain in my extended family and I know the sacrifices that he and his family make while he serves to keep us all free.

However, I also have policemen in the family. They too serve. Firefighters? Same. Drug interdiction? Border patrol? CIA? NSA? The list of those that serve our society to keep us safe from enemies outside the wall and enemies inside the wall is long. I have no issue with a company giving a discount to those group that the company wishes to hightlight/brand around/market to. I also don’t have an issue when that same company wants to stop doing so.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
For a Wrangler? The USAA site doesn’t show a rebate for the Wrangler.
It wasn’t for the rebate but it’s a bonus cash offer that could be used for a wrangler. I looked at wranglers through their car buying service and was offered a bonus cash code.
Sponsored