Sponsored

No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :( Do you folks ever miss your old babies?

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
I miss my older jeeps, sure.

I miss the heck out of my CJ... it was so raw and analog. I loved it. Didnt have AC, doors, or a radio. But man did I love that jeep.

I miss my first TJ the most (profile pic), I took that thing everywhere and it was super capable with so few modifications.

**Couldnt find any old pics of my CJ / YJ days, but here are two of my old TJs.

Action_5.jpg

DSCF0246.JPG
Sponsored

JeepBryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass, 2022 JLU Willys on order
I have to get in on this…

my first was a 1985 XJ, biggest lemon, but loved it.

I also miss the 70 bug convertible that got squashed by a tree in the front yard.

now, I’m one week into my 2022 JLU Willys and love it!
Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? A4EB8108-9A2F-4BE3-9547-770FEE43CB13
Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? 42A1D08B-3B43-4D33-A1DF-E58ABD9F087E
Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? 25B36F32-8231-4A7C-AE7D-A49CA3A9AC1A

alparmer

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2-Door
I totally regret selling my XJ. Bought it from an old lady in FL that used it to go get groceries. It was red and manual tranny. Thing was like brand new. Had 35k miles on it. That i6 4.0 was bullet proof. Only problem with those was the leaky fuel check valve. You had to turn key on for fuel pump to prime, then off and start it. Check valve was in the tank so it was easier to deal with the prime.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I used to drive my grandparents' Wagoneer when I got kicked out by my parents. Cool ride. I also drove the heck out of their Bronco II, which was even cooler.

I owned two Grand Cherokees...a 6 cyl and an 8 cyl. They were nice.

Even though my JL is better in many ways, I will still always miss my TJ...
Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? Jee

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I really, really miss my TJ. Thank God that I know the person I sold it to and we have a deal if they ever want to sell it. I sold the TJ and the height of resale (early 2021) and paid off the house. 6mos later, I couldn't stand it and went out and got a2-Door JL

I've been trying to think of an analogy of the TJ vs JL.

The TJ is the girl next door. Looks basic but PHENOMENAL in the sack. Then you go after the Prom Queen and find out that she's mannequin in bed....no movement and very little excitement except for the looks. Makes you miss the hell out of the girl next door.​

That's how I feel right now. I love my TJ - it had personality and was tried/tested/true. The JL is beautiful and has all the shiny knobs and capabilities....but still lacks a personality

Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? Randy and Sue's Jeeps 11-08 (1).JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? IMG-3193 (1)
Sponsored