Sponsored

No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :( Do you folks ever miss your old babies?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yep, still wish I had my 2001 XJ Sport with UpCountry suspension package.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Had an '01 XJ, kept it fairly stock, but it had slightly larger than stock DuraTracs and had had the head replaced for the notorious late-year XJ head crack. Went to my brother when I moved on to a JKR and he proceeded to clap it out and then wrap it around a tree. The wife is probably tired of my constant lamentations of what a sweet beach wagon I'd love to have been able to make that into.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? 427E2701-3F6E-4F84-AF0F-0FDE3A65DFF0

Absolutely.

Miss my old JKU. Bought it new in 2009.

Had one known recall issue (HOTOIL - transmission), but was otherwise completely reliable for over ten years, 60k+ miles, three different cities in three different states.

My current JLU 4xe is a different animal entirely. A year and a half in, 7k miles, and it’s already had three major issues.

Regret is one hell of a drug.

OP
OP
JLUWillys

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
Had an '01 XJ, kept it fairly stock, but it had slightly larger than stock DuraTracs and had had the head replaced for the notorious late-year XJ head crack. Went to my brother when I moved on to a JKR and he proceeded to clap it out and then wrap it around a tree. The wife is probably tired of my constant lamentations of what a sweet beach wagon I'd love to have been able to make that into.
Haha Mine too.. everytime I see one...

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This Jeep is my first Jeep. But a previous vehicle that I've had that I really do miss is my 2000 Dodge Dakota. It was a Flame Red Quad Cab Sport with a 3.9 liter V6, a 5 speed manual and 3.92 gears. I had that truck all over SoCal and multiple trips up to the bay area.

It was only a 4x2 with open diffs so any attempt at off road driving immediately got me stuck!

Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? 1659038289377

Jeep Wrangler JL No matter how far Jeeps have come... I still miss my XJ :(  Do you folks ever miss your old babies? 1659038303673

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
My stock XJ with slightly taller tires (had a spacer lift and rear leaf sitting in the garage but never installed) would have been the perfect "overlanding" vehicle before overlanding became a thing in the US. Wish I could get one now for what I sold it for, but they've gotten pricey.
Sponsored