Sponsored

No hinge bolts on your doors?! You crazy?

No hinge bolts?

• Total voters

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
First mod I did when I first pulled into the garage after picking it up from the dealer was remove the bolts and throw them away.
LOL!!
First "mod" I did was add two screws to the bottom of the license plate plate so it wouldn't catch anything and bend up on the trails. First warm weather mod I did was permanently remove the bolts.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
You would still have to break out the tool to remove the inside door stop.. Sure it’s only (1) bolt instead of (3) but I’m not sure it saves you that much more time...
Try it and see, I use a cordless ratchet and spin the the bolt out for the door stop. No bolts in door hinges. You don't have to worry about scratching the paint taking the hinge bolts out.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Try it and see, I use a cordless ratchet and spin the the bolt out for the door stop. No bolts in door hinges. You don't have to worry about scratching the paint taking the hinge bolts out.
X2 on this. I can have all 4 doors off in like 5 minutes. I use my impact driver on the top and can have that off in less than 10 minutes.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
This is exactly what I do and why I do it. Plus, makes it harder for the doors to walk away with the inside bolt still in as opposed to no bolts.

Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Bolts and carpet were the first to get tossed. I live in California.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I ran my jk with the bolts out and even bought the Delrin inserts. Used lithium grease also. The last year all the road grit and salt made it almost impossible to get all 4 doors off without a jack. I am going to run the JL with the bolts. Just my experience.

Sponsored

Hrothgar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2.0T Ocean Blue, 2002 TJ X 4.0 MT Patriot Blue
... the the YJ/TJ guys been doing it for years and you don't hear of all the flying door stories.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

Seriously tho, took the nuts off my TJ doors the first time I removed the doors, and they've never been back on. It's not that big of deal. Some people make mountains out of mole hills. Like back in the day when they'd find out my reverse lights were 55w halogens (before all these LED pods), suddenly i was gonna blind people when I back up in parking lots and it was unsafe. Silly. Now it's common to have auxillary backup lights.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I’ve never ran them- TJ, JK, JL. My JLs were off before I got home from the dealer (had to wait for my kid’s practice to end, stripped them off on the parking lot). I don’t keep them in the stock tray either, one large bump and they scatter...

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Third Jeep no bolts in doors practically since day one. Also Two hard tops still laying around, cant give the dang things away.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Does no one else's driver side doors rattle on certain bumps that seem to cause the doors to jump up a fraction of an inch?

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Does no one else's driver side doors rattle on certain bumps that seem to cause the doors to jump up a fraction of an inch?
Nope. 20,000 miles with no nuts on them. Hundreds of miles on washboard gravel road, 20 MPH in sand whoops, jumped it, doors have never moved.
Sponsored