Sponsored

No guarantee of a loaner for an extended warranty repair?

Teleman

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Altitude
So here's a question - I have the issue where I have paint bubbling near my hinges and at the edge of my door. The dealer service manager tells me the repair could take as much as 60 days depending on whether they need to order new doors, etc.

He also told me that the dealership only has two loaner vehicles and he can't guarantee one will be available to me.

So this means I'm faced with the possibility of not having a vehicle for two months.

Does Jeep have any obligation to provide either a rental or rental reimbursement if repairs take an extended period of time? Or is Jeep not obligated to do this and it's at the sole discretion of the dealer?
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
It depends how your extended Mopar contract is written. On my JKR, I have the lifetime Mopar warranty policy. But the loaner is only good for the first seven years. So I suggest that you take a look at your policy.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Loaners are provided, or not provided, on an individual dealer by dealer basis. Some are great and have loaners, others do not offer them at all.

OP
OP

Teleman

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Altitude
Loaners are provided, or not provided, on an individual dealer by dealer basis. Some are great and have loaners, others do not offer them at all.
Yeah, that's kind of what I expected to hear. Have owned a lot of new vehicles over many years and I've never had to deal with the possibility of a long term disruption, just wasn't sure.

Thanks for the reply.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
As mentioned above, check your contract. The dealership had mine once for 2 months and afterwards gave me a check for 2 months of car payments. I have heard of others doing rental car reimbursement.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Teleman

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Altitude
No extended service contract, just the standard factory warranty.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
reach out to Jeep Cares, they offered me rental reimbursement last year when I was having warranty work. My dealer offered loaners they just didn't have any available

OP
OP

Teleman

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Altitude
reach out to Jeep Cares, they offered me rental reimbursement last year when I was having warranty work. My dealer offered loaners they just didn't have any available
Great suggestion - thanks!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

My understanding is that unless it's specifically written in your coverage, you're at the mercy of the dealer and what they do/don't offer.

My recommendation would be to try to work with them as much as possible. My approach is, I don't really care *what* the loaner is, as long as it has 4 wheels, and engine, and can fit my whole family. If it's a 2004 that's about to be sent to auction cause it's sat on their pre-owned lot too long, fine, as long as it runs.
Sponsored