Sponsored

No Garage - Is the 4xe still a good option?

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
So I ran a new 50A breaker from my panel to the outside of my house with an outdoor rated Nema 14-50 outlet box to give myself an outdoor plug for my Juicebox. Basically a. outdoor dryer connection. Materials were about $400. Then the juicebox was 600. But I know others paying for the install can see up to 4x that. We use just about 1-1/2 charges a day, hence saving about $3 a day, so it'll pay for itself in 350 days. But... what I should compare to.... If I had to use the 110V, I would probably only get 50-60% charge in before driving it, so, saving probably $1.50 per day.... So, really it was probably not worth it to put in all that charger stuff for just the 4xe. Now, if you are a person who drives 25 miles, comes home for 2 hours, then does it again, and again, it would be frustrating to not have the fast charger, but if you're making a single trip (eg, short trip to and from work) then you shouldn't worry too much about not having that rapid charger. FYI, I also have my Level 1 charger inside my garage for when I chose to park it in there overnight.

20210918_185839.jpg
Sponsored

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
If you can plug it in, it’s worth it. If you have no way to plug it in, probably not. My apartment complex has multiple level 2 chargers and I only pay $20 a month to charge, so for me it is absolutely worth it. We are at over 400 miles on this tank of gas and we are still at over 3/4 of a tank. I think even if you could plug it in overnight on a normal household outlet it would be worth it.