Engineering Manager

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Same boat here. Luckily they have my old one and I requested they put it back OR give me the old part and I'll do it myself. My sales rep said they probably didn't balance and do an alignment also which should come with the stabilizer. I advise, DON'T get this done if you have no issues. If you do, ask for the old one to be saved (mark it with an identifier so you know it's yours) and given to you.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Same boat here. Luckily they have my old one and I requested they put it back OR give me the old part and I'll do it myself. My sales rep said they probably didn't balance and do an alignment also which should come with the stabilizer. I advise, DON'T get this done if you have no issues. If you do, ask for the old one to be saved (mark it with an identifier so you know it's yours) and given to you.
Yup.. I don't care how red my monthly report looks... not doing it. Not having any issues and not looking to introduce one.

Hope the original one restores your ride. Best of luck & be safe out there.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup.. I don't care how red my monthly report looks... not doing it. Not having any issues and not looking to introduce one.

Hope the original one restores your ride. Best of luck & be safe out there.
They replaced with another new one and the dealer refused to even give me the old one. I drove it around the highway and so far have not got it BUT the same patch of road I hit that used to cause a slight shimmy causes the same but more pronounced now so I'm not pleased. They said if it happens again the only thing they can do is keep replacing it. Told them what the sales rep told me about balance and alignment with a revised notice but the tech waived me off. I'm not pleased and will do more testing. They also noted I had Rubicon suspension and bumper and it wasn't recommended on my Sport S so they're building a CYA if it keeps happening and I complain, even though I had no issues at all prior to that single change today and all the parts are OG Mopar...and the rest of the suspension between the two are practically the same. Very disappointed.

One bright side is they noted one of the rear springs shifted and moved and was rubbing against the frame.Getting that fixed before it could have gotten worse, looks like it took some of the coating off so I'll have to replace the spring eventually.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Are you still experiencing concerns at this time, Avar928? If so, we do recommend visiting your dealer again to have this addressed. If you would like assistance doing so, send me a private message.

Kate
JeepCares

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you still experiencing concerns at this time, Avar928? If so, we do recommend visiting your dealer again to have this addressed. If you would like assistance doing so, send me a private message.

Kate
JeepCares
Thanks for checking in again Kate. So far so good. The rest of this week will tell as I go grocery shopping hunting for toilet paper (jk / really though I'm down to a few rolls and trying to support my local carryout restaurants but they all serve spicy foods). If I have to go in a third time I will request assistance.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for checking in again Kate. So far so good. The rest of this week will tell as I go grocery shopping hunting for toilet paper (jk / really though I'm down to a few rolls and trying to support my local carryout restaurants but they all serve spicy foods). If I have to go in a third time I will request assistance.
I apologize, Avar928, I think I responded on two separate threads! Either way, I am here for assistance at any time!

Kate
JeepCares

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I apologize, Avar928, I think I responded on two separate threads! Either way, I am here for assistance at any time!

Kate
JeepCares
No problem, that just means you're doing a stellar job keeping tabs lol Thanks Kate!

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Well my Jeep has the craziest death wobble after the recall. I'm just waiting for my jeep to get into a major accident so i can lawyer up and open a lawsuit against FCA and my Jeep Service. i just hope i don't injure someone else or get seriously injured. The death wobble is so bad that i can't drive on any highway with even a slight dip or bump on the road surface. Now when the wobble occurs i just let go of the steering wheel and let the jeep do what it wants.

I am so glad that this is just a lease. I absolutely can not wait to get rid of this death trap.

FYI...now my roof leaks water above my rear view mirror, whenever it rains. This Jeep just get better by the day

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Took three steering damper replacements for the dealership to get it right. However, getting it right was not the third damper, rather, the technique of installing and cycling the damper from lock-to-lock over 10 times. Apparently, these dampers are sitting on shelves for quite some time and however the oil bypass system is designed, gas is not cycling through correctly if they just install the damper and let you hit the road. Cycling the damper back and forth prior to torquing it all down is essential.

I can say, i'm almost 3 months out from the third damper install and the new technique, and have had ZERO wobble.

Sponsored

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Rob - here are some items to have them check at the dealership:
1. Check alignment
2. Re-balance the tires
3. Check the torque specs on ALL steering components (Tie Rod, Track Bar, Drag Link, etc)

No idea why this started after the V41 recall, but small problems are often masked until a different part is installed...

Oh, and demand they fix the water leak! I know its a jeep, but what the hell???

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well my Jeep has the craziest death wobble after the recall. I'm just waiting for my jeep to get into a major accident so i can lawyer up and open a lawsuit against FCA and my Jeep Service. i just hope i don't injure someone else or get seriously injured. The death wobble is so bad that i can't drive on any highway with even a slight dip or bump on the road surface. Now when the wobble occurs i just let go of the steering wheel and let the jeep do what it wants.

I am so glad that this is just a lease. I absolutely can not wait to get rid of this death trap.

FYI...now my roof leaks water above my rear view mirror, whenever it rains. This Jeep just get better by the day
Hi NYknowledge,
We're you able to follow up with your dealer to see if the damper was installed correctly? We'd like to ensure that this gets addressed as soon as possible. If you need any assistance, please send us a private message.
Lydia
JeepCares

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Hi NYknowledge,
We're you able to follow up with your dealer to see if the damper was installed correctly? We'd like to ensure that this gets addressed as soon as possible. If you need any assistance, please send us a private message.
Lydia
JeepCares
Well this will be the 3rd time, but yes the damper was replaced again. its been about one week now and so far it feels OK. I haven't been really doing much driving lately so its a little difficult to tell how well the damper replacement is working. Honestly it still doesn't feel as stable as prior to the recall. At this point I'm kinda over it. I'm so glad this is a lease and i definitely will be turning this jeep back to the dealer when my lease is up in a year @JeepCares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well this will be the 3rd time, but yes the damper was replaced again. its been about one week now and so far it feels OK. I haven't been really doing much driving lately so its a little difficult to tell how well the damper replacement is working. Honestly it still doesn't feel as stable as prior to the recall. At this point I'm kinda over it. I'm so glad this is a lease and i definitely will be turning this jeep back to the dealer when my lease is up in a year @JeepCares
Thank you for the update, NYknowledge. I certainly understand your frustration. Please let our team know if you continue to experience any concerns in the future as we want to do our best to resolve these concerns for you.

Lydia
JeepCares
Sponsored