Sponsored

No current 2021 Wrangler discount plans active?

Krpjeep26

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
our new 2021 wrangler arrived to the dealership but dealer is telling us that there is "No active discount at the moment for friends and family or employee discounts on the wranglers". Has anyone else heard this?
Sponsored

CO_JeepJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
our new 2021 wrangler arrived to the dealership but dealer is telling us that there is "No active discount at the moment for friends and family or employee discounts on the wranglers". Has anyone else heard this?
Absolutely, the incentives change every month so it is the "luck of the draw" when you order one as to when it is delivered and what FCA is offering for that month. You could tell them you are going out of town for a week to delay pickup and see if Sept has anything offered but there are no guarantees...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There no guarantees the dealer will hold on to your Jeep, either, if you decide to wait.

Placing a factory order is mostly a gentleman's agreement that you will have first dibs at buying it. You are not required to take it home if you don’t want to; by the same token, the dealer is not required to sell it to you either. But they are required to give you your deposit back if you don’t buy it.

I wouldn’t want to have to negotiate the price on a Jeep right now. Inventories are tight and dealers now it.

Good luck.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This is interesting. I have learned something, thank you.

I always buy a vehicle off the lot. That’s just me. What I didn’t know is that and existing ”incentives” are not locked in at the time of order. I did not realize that they were tied to delivery timing.

very interesting. Thank you.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed. Factory ordering a Wrangler is like playing roulette: (1) you don’t know if you will get one with a good steering, and (2) you don’t know how much you will end up paying.

And (3), with this pandemic, supply lines are under stress. Judging by the number of issues people are reporting with their 2020/2021 JLs, it appears quality has taken a backseat.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum, btw!

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I factory ordered mine. At the time of the order all available discounts were applied and the final price was negotiated and deposit was made. The price was locked in. There were no shenanigans like this.

I had mine drop shipped to AEV, and after the drop shipment confirmation, I finished the sale paperwork.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Yes, at this time that sounds right. A quick check on Jeep’s website currently shows a lease special and 0% for 36 months for the Wrangler - no active promotions or additional discounts.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
“Incentives” aside, you’re not saying they want to make you pay MSRP are they? Did you agree to a price at the time of ordering?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Indeed. Factory ordering a Wrangler is like playing roulette: (1) you don’t know if you will get one with a good steering, and (2) you don’t know how much you will end up paying.

And (3), with this pandemic, supply lines are under stress. Judging by the number of issues people are reporting with their 2020/2021 JLs, it appears quality has taken a backseat.
I factory ordered mine. At the time of the order all available discounts were applied and the final price was negotiated and deposit was made. The price was locked in. There were no shenanigans like this.

I had mine drop shipped to AEV, and after the drop shipment confirmation, I finished the sale paperwork.
now I’m confused. So it is possible, say, to order a Jeep and lock in a (then existing) “friends and family” discount at the time of the order?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
now I’m confused. So it is possible, say, to order a Jeep and lock in a (then existing) “friends and family” discount at the time of the order?
Not really.

You can lock in an ongoing discount like, for instance, Employee Pricing that you got through an FCA control number, normally 5% below invoice, because you are an FCA employee.

Additionally, relatives of FCA employees may qualify for a Friends and Family Discount of 1% below invoice. You will need to clear with FCA first that you qualify,

Further, some employers and organizations offer Affiliate Reward discounts through agreements with FCA, Ford, and other automakers, which automatically entitles you to 1% below invoice. The Tread Lightly program is such.

Separately from all these, FCA likes to create monthly promotions and incentives to clear inventory and/or generate dealer traffic. It has taken to calling these “Employee Pricing” when you automatically get 5% below invoice while the promotion is active. But unlike the ongoing Employee Pricing that employees get, this one comes and goes dictated by FCA sales and marketing, according to supply and demand.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe, 2024 Grand Cherokee 4xe
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize this is how a custom order worked either. Thought they would make you agree to the price and to buy it before they actually ordered it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP: you should be able to get 1% below invoice automatically through Tread Lightly, or check with your employer’s HR Dept. if they have an Affiliate Rewards program with FCA.

Many people have access to these discounts and they are not even aware.

If you qualify for any of these, FCA will “refund” the discount amount to the dealer. You can still haggle on the price with the dealer if you like, even beyond these discounts. They simply give you a lower starting point.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, absolutely.