No climate controls working

Seanmadigan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler unlimited s
I have 2018 jeep jl wrangler, i upgraded to the 8.4 uconnect and everything works amazing but obviously i have no volume control knob, so i decided to upgrade the selector switch to the one with the climate control, volume knob and tuner knob as well as seat heater steering wheel heater etc... everything again works perfect... except now the climate control does not work, it will not turn on and i cant get and of the climate controls on the new selector switch to work other then oddly the rear defrost button... any ideas would be amazing
Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Software issues.... Changing to a radio like that the car wont be checking for it because the vehicle you initially bought doesn't call for the add-ons you installed.... Probably have to reflash the hvac mod and bcm. .. Possibly the ics too

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Id have to look at the schematics as well... You maynot have a circut in the dash harness for volume control

OP
OP

Seanmadigan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id have to look at the schematics as well... You maynot have a circut in the dash harness for volume control
No after installing the new radio and multi switch the radio and all controls work perfect... its only my climate controls that say off and wont turn on... i brought it to my dealer and they said it migjt need a new wiring harness but mooar says theres only one harness so no need to replace???

OP
OP

Seanmadigan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Software issues.... Changing to a radio like that the car wont be checking for it because the vehicle you initially bought doesn't call for the add-ons you installed.... Probably have to reflash the hvac mod and bcm. .. Possibly the ics too
I brought it to the dealer and they said they did that butbit didnt work... and that i may need to buy a new harness but mopar said all the wiring harnesses are the same??? Is the dealer really flashed the computer would everything be reset? Because they said the did but all my preset stations and setting where still there?
Sponsored