Rubi JLU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Went to start the Jeep and I got an "no bus" below the PRND indicator and it started giving me all these systems not available indicators.

The Jeep would not start and it had a constant high pitch tone on the driver side of the engine bay.

The Jeep would not go from the run position to the off position and the radio would not come on at all.

I took a video of some of the issues and posted screenshots of the different indicators.

I wiggled some wires and it eventually turned off. I came back an hour later and it started just fine with no problems.

Anyone see this before?

5085035E-607F-4064-B3CA-1309895CA792.png

30E839B2-A67B-4072-8152-EBAA37FBD22E.png

20B983CB-8688-4A41-815B-FFD340AF3DAF.png

4C1B674F-E0D6-4304-A861-9C2EA543A0B3.png
Sponsored

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Apparently your can bus or another bus went offline. Arrange for a tow to the dealer.

Brett.mullen

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Went to start the Jeep and I got an "no bus" below the PRND indicator and it started giving me all these systems not available indicators.

The Jeep would not start and it had a constant high pitch tone on the driver side of the engine bay.

The Jeep would not go from the run position to the off position and the radio would not come on at all.

I took a video of some of the issues and posted screenshots of the different indicators.

I wiggled some wires and it eventually turned off. I came back an hour later and it started just fine with no problems.

Anyone see this before?

5085035E-607F-4064-B3CA-1309895CA792.png

30E839B2-A67B-4072-8152-EBAA37FBD22E.png

20B983CB-8688-4A41-815B-FFD340AF3DAF.png

4C1B674F-E0D6-4304-A861-9C2EA543A0B3.png
Bought my 2019 JLUR on December 14th. On Dec 28th I was driving along and boom, power steering gone and every warning light and system failed. Every light was flashing, the wipers were going off, the shifter wouldn't move and it obviously wouldn't restart. Among the many messages on the dash, NO BUS was also displayed. 30 minutes later it restarted like nothing was wrong. Got it to the dealership that same day, and as of today, 01/07/19, they cant figure out what happened and cant recreate the problem.

OP
OP
Rubi JLU

Rubi JLU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my 2019 JLUR on December 14th. On Dec 28th I was driving along and boom, power steering gone and every warning light and system failed. Every light was flashing, the wipers were going off, the shifter wouldn't move and it obviously wouldn't restart. Among the many messages on the dash, NO BUS was also displayed. 30 minutes later it restarted like nothing was wrong. Got it to the dealership that same day, and as of today, 01/07/19, they cant figure out what happened and cant recreate the problem.

I dropped it off this morning. It has not happened again since so I am worried that I will get the same response with them not being able to repeat the problem.

I did go through and push down every fuse in the fuse box, several felt loose.

Let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same.

jeepthaicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER JL RUBICON
I recently purchased a brand new 2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon in May 2018. The current milage on my Wrangler is 12,332.

2 times now my vehicle while driving has completely stalled as in the P,R,N,D lights near my shifter will all light up simultaneously. My dashboard will say "NO BUS", service shifter, auto start/stop not available, and the engine light will come on. The engine light will not return though after a few starts of the Jeep later.

1st time the vehicle stalled was while I was driving in the rain around 40 mph, the steering wheel locked and as mentioned above that happened. I brought it in to the Jeep dealership where I purchased it, told them my concerns even with the dead spot in the steering and it was serviced for a few days. Received it back and was told the mechanic was unable to replicate the issue and that there were updates done "UPDATED PCM SOFTWARE AND TEST DROVE VEHICLE".

After getting it back and a few weeks of driving my rubicon it was fine in all weather conditions. But just 2 days ago while in the rain it stalled again at around 30 mph but the steering didn't lock up. I had to pull over to the side of the road with my emergency lights on, put it in park, and restart it.

Could it be after the cruise control recall? I honestly don't know what's going on and I feel like it's dangerous that this can happen any time again. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

The images below were taken today when I brought in the vehicle for service for today. The service advisor plugged in a device into the wrangler which codes appeared on their iPad.

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi JLU

Rubi JLU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I just got it back from the dealer. They identified a bolt with a ground that was loose. Playing with this ground was the only way to replicate the issue I was seeing.

They torqued the bolt to factory specs and we have not seen the issue since.

I would recommend pressing on all of your fuses to ensure they are properly set. I had several that were loose. And I would check your grounds to ensure they are properly torqued.

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
So I just got it back from the dealer. They identified a bolt with a ground that was loose. Playing with this ground was the only way to replicate the issue I was seeing.

They torqued the bolt to factory specs and we have not seen the issue since.

I would recommend pressing on all of your fuses to ensure they are properly set. I had several that were loose. And I would check your grounds to ensure they are properly torqued.
Did they happen to say where the ground was mine did this to me last night and its at the dealer today

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Yea, that’ll do it. Also seen this with low voltage causing computer links to drop.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
With everything freaking out at once, start with the simple first. Check grounds and have a proper load test performed on both batteries.

Sponsored

Lakerunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Had the same NO BUS problem turned out to be a lose ground at the accessory switch. My fault I didn’t tighten the nut properly

Papakevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0, 2019 JLU Sport, 2020 JT
Has happened to me 3 times now. Same loss of power steering. After the first time, I was able to restart and all errors cleared for a couple months. After the second time, It wouldn't turn off, had to get it towed to the dealer with dead batteries. The dealer had it for 30 days and dealer couldn't make it happen again or find the issue, so drove it home. Yesterday I picked up my wife for lunch and it happened again. I was only 6 blocks from the dealer, so drove it there while it was acting up. Hopefully they can find the issues. Video link shows my issues. 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2.0 turbo, 25,000 miles.
Did you figure out your issue? Was it a loose ground?