No Body Color Top

Daveg545

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
i just ordered a Sahara this afternoon and I was told the body color top couldn’t be ordered. They said the factory stopped production on them for now. Anyone else hear of this?? I’m in MA.
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
i just ordered a Sahara this afternoon and I was told the body color top couldn’t be ordered. They said the factory stopped production on them for now. Anyone else hear of this?? I’m in MA.
Depends on the color you get. The 2 new colors are unavailable to get the color matched top, the standard colors, you should be good to go.

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Right, Ocean Blue and Punk'n are not available right now with color matched hard top... that should be it

OP
OP

Daveg545

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
It was granite. The GM built it and said his Chrysler rep told him they aren’t building any more body color tops right now. It’s just weird to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daveg545

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Depends on the color you get. The 2 new colors are unavailable to get the color matched top, the standard colors, you should be good to go.
Is there anything I can have my dealer check or call? We really want the color top.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Just go with black. Color matched tops look terrible to me.

Contrasting colors are fantastic on a Wrangler.

Same goes with fenders.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I better chime in here. Too many "Color matched tops suck". First of all that wasn't your question. I believe you wanted clarification from dealer dude. The free advice about how bad color match sucks was just a bonus. If you want a color match top get it. If you have to wait, wait. It's your Jeep. All depends on the color for me. My last two Billet Rubis have been color matched. On the Red and the White it's too much. Granite, Black and Billet looks much better with painted tops. But guess what. That's just my opinion. I'm not going to say Black non-painted looks terrible just because it isn't my thing. That's for you to decide. I went with White this time. A painted top would have been too much White. The Black/White contrast looks great. The Black top on the Granite or Black looks bad to me. They are to close in color. Looks like it doesn't belong. As far as painted fenders go I always go painted. Non-painted makes a Rubi look like a Sport. Nothing against Sports but I don't have a Sport. But that's just me. Everyone is different. Everyone is a different age, everyone uses the Jeep for different things. Some build it up and Crawl with it, some never leave the pavement. I kind of dig the Nacho or Punk'n colors but I don't want to be the 50 y/o dude rolling around in an Orange Jeep. But you know what. There will be some 50 y/o dudes rolling around in a Punk'n Jeep with doors off, top down cranking some hair band from the 80's. Takes all kinds and they're all Jeepers to me. You rock what you like and don't listen to anybody else. The wife and I had this very conversation. "OMG that Mojito Green is ugly" but I followed it up with "But I bet the guy that's gets it will love it". Not my thing but that doesn't make it wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daveg545

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Thanks for the info. I like to see the different opinions, it doesn’t bother me! Anyways, I just emailed my dealer to see if I got the rubicon if the color top is available. I’m not to sure how the custom ordering process works but maybe a different model will have it available.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I also like painted fenders, as the “in” thing now are black rims. So from the fenders down it’s a “sea of black”. Unless of course you get the color matched bead locks. Also, maybe I’m weird, but I like top and fenders to match. Like gallywinter said, some colors like granite and black look great w painted tops, I think white looks better with a black top. So I guess the brighter the color the black contrast seems more appealing to most. Personally I’m getting the ocean blue and until I see it I don’t know which one I want lol. People are saying it’s going to be a darker blue so a contrast might not really break it up. All that being said I might opt for the power top which will have to be color matched so the decision will be made for me if I go that route. Good luck and no way is the wrong way. Hell, there is a hyper green Rubicon on my street with color matched top and fenders!

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I ordered a Billet Rubicon with color matched top on January 6th. My order went to D1 status yesterday according to Jeep Chat. I have seen orders after mine already in the build phase. I have no idea if the color matched top caused delays or this is just par for the course. Lastly, I ordered the black fenders to add a little contrast and I plan on beating up the fenders in the brush.

Jeepgirl99

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Anyone know what color is standard on the power top? Still black? Or Body Color?
Sponsored