Sponsored

No 6-spd available to order??

Lizeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 nissan 240sx
i have a 2022 willys sport 6 speed 3.6 no etorque bs :)

woooo
Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
All plastics are made from petrochemicals. Oil. Oil supply is a mess. So plastics are impacted.
Oil supply is being pinched by demand, so itā€™s expensive, but itā€™s plenty available. Since thereā€™s obviously no reluctance to raise prices, the supply problem must be due to something else.

With soaring prices and interest rates, and the economy heading for the crapper, we should see some improvement on the supply side everywhere by the end of summer. That doesnā€™t mean Jeep will be done with seemingly arbitrary order restrictions.

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I used to work in Saugerties! I didnā€™t have my first Wrangler yet, so I never knew the offroad areas.
The whole area is basically a watershed, so probably more limited than if it were not in terms of public off-roading, but I got the Wrangler to navigate our property better up there. We are building at 2300 ft on a mountain- lots of snow, rain, steep inclines and dirt roads. It's like off-roading at home!

Sponsored

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
You directly confirmed this? šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I received this configuration preview from Gupton on May 4th. I wanted it, but an Unlimited Willys Sport fit the budget better and along with better utility.

Jeep Wrangler JL No 6-spd available to order?? 0068D374-7196-4EDD-BB70-994E6C4B9B5A

scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
I received this configuration preview from Gupton on May 4th. I wanted it, but an Unlimited Willys Sport fit the budget better and along with better utility.

Jeep Wrangler JL No 6-spd available to order?? 0068D374-7196-4EDD-BB70-994E6C4B9B5A
May 4th was just last Wednesday. So the order did go through? Or it did not?

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
I didn't order. I was getting quotes. But the same dealer couldn't configure a Willys Sport S with a V6 Manual Transmission.

I ended up ordering an Unlimited Willys Sport V6 manual local and still got 5% under invoice. Order goes in Monday as order banks were closed by the time the deal was made last Friday. So we'll see what happens.

Last year I tried to get a quote on a Freedom Edition, but the dealer couldn't configure. I was only days late because the order guide changed from the previous month.

So it seems to me that if the dealer can't configure on their end, it can't be ordered.

I'm not sure exactly on what day of the month the order guide is revised. So, that could have an affect what is or isn't available on that particular day.

Sponsored

boarder140

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Unlimited Rubicon | 2005 Lotus Elise
How will this affect current orders for JLURs 6-speeds in D status?

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Current orders will be built, as those are already in the mill and production forecasts for parts were made weeks ago based on future parts availability at the time. Going forward it appears that either they know now that they will be facing a supply issue weeks ahead or they figure that at a 3% or so take rate they are just going to discontinue the 6-spd entirely, and the first step towards that is to restrict it in certain models/configurations.

Axelbndr

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2door, 6Mt, PBJ, Blk. Top, Bl
No more manual in the Rubicons means that the 4.88 gear option only had a six month run. There's a future unicorn...
All 2dr manual Rubiconā€™s are unicorns!
Sponsored