Sponsored

No 6-spd available to order??

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This might sound odd to a lot of you but in my case after 25 years of driving all the hard trails in a built CJ-7 then in an LJ Rubicon, I have absolutely zero experience driving an automatic equipped Jeep off road. None, nada. And frankly it scares me. I can't imagine having to ride the brakes rockcrawling downhill, for example, yet you guys are able to do it.
Why the heck would you need to ride the brakes downhill? Been wheeling the JLUR auto on all sorts of trails and have never ridden the brakes downhill. The auto in the JK and JL can be manually controlled into any gear you want, and if you want even more control there is hill descent control.
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Learning how to rock crawl with an automatic should be interesting. Feet on both the gas and the brake at the same time is supposed to be the preferred technique. We'll see when I eventually get my diesel.
I mean I've done that in a manual as well, it's not going to stall out in 1st, and honestly with the Rubi gearing, it feels pretty hard to do in 2nd so far (I just got the JLUR, I had a JKU Sport before). I really like the 6 spd in the JL, it definitely was a bit rough in 3rd gear to begin with (first month or so), but 6 months in it's bee pretty solid so far.

I wouldn't switch to a Bronco just for the removal of the 6 spd, and I seriously doubt Jeep would ever do that. The interesting thing is how limited it will be because of engine mating and if it will start being a Sport/Willy's only option and removed from the higher level trims.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I mean I've done that in a manual as well, it's not going to stall out in 1st, and honestly with the Rubi gearing, it feels pretty hard to do in 2nd so far (I just got the JLUR, I had a JKU Sport before). I really like the 6 spd in the JL, it definitely was a bit rough in 3rd gear to begin with (first month or so), but 6 months in it's bee pretty solid so far.

I wouldn't switch to a Bronco just for the removal of the 6 spd, and I seriously doubt Jeep would ever do that. The interesting thing is how limited it will be because of engine mating and if it will start being a Sport/Willy's only option and removed from the higher level trims.
Not going to stall out in 1st? I assume that you're talking about 4 low. Yes, it stalls out in 1st in 4 low on the rocks. That, of course, is the rocks in Colorado and Utah.

Can't video it for you since it was totaled back in October.

xyaguara

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys
It was just a matter of time. Ratbert's analysis is showing that something like only 3% of all Wranglers made have the third pedal, numbers that low are hard to justify in large scale production. When Jeep replaces the base V6 with a reduced output inline 6 then the manual will be gone, there is no plan to offer anything but an automatic going forward.

The 35" tire availability is questionable, I was able to order a set of five last week with no issues.
I heard the it's just the package in general is hard to get. Idk if it's something to with the vendors at Jeep. When I went to order mine, the Xtreme package was the first thing the dealer told me they can't order.

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
I just, as in today, tried to order a 2-door Rubicon with the 6-Speed and was shot down. Dealer said only engine available to order is the 2.0L and I have zero interest in an automatic transmission. Guess I'll wait and see if the open ordering back up.

I have a 7-speed 2-door Bronco on order too. Been 16 months and I still don't have a build date or VIN. I was going to give up on it and order a Rubicon.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I just, as in today, tried to order a 2-door Rubicon with the 6-Speed and was shot down. Dealer said only engine available to order is the 2.0L and I have zero interest in an automatic transmission. Guess I'll wait and see if the open ordering back up.

I have a 7-speed 2-door Bronco on order too. Been 16 months and I still don't have a build date or VIN. I was going to give up on it and order a Rubicon.
Could this indicate a transition to the Hurricane Inline 6 and it simply hasn't been announced yet?

Reactions: AFD

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I think everyone is overreading the situation. There have been all sorts of random parts shortages. Just wait a few weeks and order again.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I think everyone is overreading the situation. There have been all sorts of random parts shortages. Just wait a few weeks and order again.
Have there been parts shortages that resulted in them stopping taking orders for that part, then subsequently starting again in the same model year? The end of the 2022 model year is very close.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Could this indicate a transition to the Hurricane Inline 6 and it simply hasn't been announced yet?
Possibly. Maybe. I'm recalling the wholesale denials that half doors and a V8 Wrangler were on deck, which continued seemingly until the very mornings that each was released to the market. Maybe similar games are being played concerning the new engine.

That said, the 2023 order books will be opening up soon enough, so anything can happen.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I don't think the Hurricane engine is quite ready yet for the Wranglers. I'm thinking if it was, the concept Jeeps shown at EJS in Moab this year would have been loaded with them.

Sponsored

Buch1anan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Outback
I couldn't order any engine option besides v6 etorque as of this evening. YMMV.

I just want a Sport S w/ 2.0 or 3.6 non-etorque -- both with auto trans. Not possible.
Same here. Ready to order a 2dr Sport S with the 2.0 and auto and dealer said not currently available in that model. Would have ordered the base 3.6 but also not available with auto. Only choice would be the 3.6 etorque if want auto. Refuse to pay $1,750 more for my least desired engine ($1,250 option and no $500 credit on the auto like with the 2.0 turbo).

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
I was hoping to avoid getting a 2023 model since it's going to be the exact same vehicle just more expensive.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Have there been parts shortages that resulted in them stopping taking orders for that part, then subsequently starting again in the same model year? The end of the 2022 model year is very close.
A poster below just said he can't order a 2.0 with the auto. So maybe.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

A poster below just said he can't order a 2.0 with the auto. So maybe.
Correct: can't order.

You said to wait a few weeks and order again. I was asking about them stopping taking orders for a specific part, then subsequently starting again. That's what would be required for them to be able to wait a few weeks and order again.

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
Same here. Ready to order a 2dr Sport S with the 2.0 and auto and dealer said not currently available in that model. Would have ordered the base 3.6 but also not available with auto. Only choice would be the 3.6 etorque if want auto. Refuse to pay $1,750 more for my least desired engine ($1,250 option and no $500 credit on the auto like with the 2.0 turbo).
That’s interesting….I just placed an order today for a 2 door Rubicon and they told me the V6 etorque engine I wanted is not available. The only thing I could get was the 2.0 automatic. I guess we shall see what happens 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s in the beginning stages so perhaps they’ll call me with the change. I wasn’t sure what engine I wanted and kept going back and forth. What ever I end up with is meant to be in my mind.
Sponsored