Sponsored

No 6-spd available to order??

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Same here. Ready to order a 2dr Sport S with the 2.0 and auto and dealer said not currently available in that model. Would have ordered the base 3.6 but also not available with auto. Only choice would be the 3.6 etorque if want auto. Refuse to pay $1,750 more for my least desired engine ($1,250 option and no $500 credit on the auto like with the 2.0 turbo).
Yep, sucks. Guess the restriction is still there then. I'll give it a few weeks, and just wait until '23 MY if not.
Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I'll bet all these dealers happily offered to sell a Wrangler hey had or could get nearby..... it's a dealer... always use that grain of salt when listening.
Could be a shortage but I guarantee manual Wranglers will be around at least another 30 years for sure as its one of the icon features back to '41
If I had feet small enough to operate three pedals in the dinky Wrangler foot space I'd be on board myself 😢

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I don't think the Hurricane engine is quite ready yet for the Wranglers. I'm thinking if it was, the concept Jeeps shown at EJS in Moab this year would have been loaded with them.
Unless it's something they didn't want announced for the Wrangler just yet. Did they ever do a V8 EJS concept before the 392 launched?

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I'll bet all these dealers happily offered to sell a Wrangler hey had or could get nearby..... it's a dealer... always use that grain of salt when listening.
Could be a shortage but I guarantee manual Wranglers will be around at least another 30 years for sure as its one of the icon features back to '41
If I had feet small enough to operate three pedals in the dinky Wrangler foot space I'd be on board myself 😢
I have size 13 feet and wear boots whenever I'm driving. I never thought it would be an issue. Wore steel-toe boots in my sports cars too.
Crummy reason to get left out. Maybe if you took out the carpet, mats, and lined the driver front tub to gain the extra space? No such thing as going too far to keep a stick, lol.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
It was just a matter of time. Ratbert's analysis is showing that something like only 3% of all Wranglers made have the third pedal, numbers that low are hard to justify in large scale production. When Jeep replaces the base V6 with a reduced output inline 6 then the manual will be gone, there is no plan to offer anything but an automatic going forward.

The 35" tire availability is questionable, I was able to order a set of five last week with no issues.
I'm really glad I was able to order my Willys with the 23W order package last August!

Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I have size 13 feet and wear boots whenever I'm driving. I never thought it would be an issue. Wore steel-toe boots in my sports cars too.
Crummy reason to get left out. Maybe if you took out the carpet, mats, and lined the driver front tub to gain the extra space? No such thing as going too far to keep a stick, lol.
16 wide and probably the only one who notices the difference between the JK and JL space... and that was small
My '08 Ram was probably my last stick but well traded toward pinkey as the "rust monster" had been approaching fast 🐉
Always have a place for manuals just for fun and roll starting for sure !

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Unless it's something they didn't want announced for the Wrangler just yet. Did they ever do a V8 EJS concept before the 392 launched?
In 2020 there was no EJS (thanks covid) so no concept vehicles were shown, then the following year in 2021 they just showed off the production 392.

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual