Sponsored

No 6-spd available to order??

Newwilly420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
So just left a large PA Jeep dealership where they attempted to enter an order for me. However a Willys with a manual transmission (23W) is no longer showing as an option on the screen. Same for the Sport S. Only available per the screens on a Willys Sport or Sahara Altitude. The salesman appeared to know what he was doing and was showing me the screens where I could see the order codes for a manual just weren’t there. He said it was likely a supply issue but that it may last until 2023 models or it could be back next week. He didn’t know more but had only started seeing this today. Anyone know any details here??

Unrelated to my order. He also said there is a supply issue with the Extreme Recon tires so they weren’t building any.
Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

It was just a matter of time. Ratbert's analysis is showing that something like only 3% of all Wranglers made have the third pedal, numbers that low are hard to justify in large scale production. When Jeep replaces the base V6 with a reduced output inline 6 then the manual will be gone, there is no plan to offer anything but an automatic going forward.

The 35" tire availability is questionable, I was able to order a set of five last week with no issues.

scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
Nooooooo!! 🙁 I'm not ready to order yet. I'm gutted.

** EDIT: Maybe I'm still safe as I'm intending to order a Rubi with the 4.88's. đŸ€” Lord please
#firstworldproblems

Sponsored

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Seems odd that you can add a manual on Willy Sport or Sahara Altitude, so don't think the transmission is in a supply issue as then you wouldn't really be able to select it on any model? Wonder if it's in combination with other options that are causing the issue.

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
That’s weird. I tried ordering my JLUR yesterday (3.6 eTorque) on a Rubicon and they said that engine was not available on Rubis. The only 3.6 option was the ‘regular’ one and you had to order it with a manual tranny.

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Ouch that SUCKS. My manual sport willys is scheduled for manufacturing on 5/17. I really hope this won't affect my order.

scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
Seems odd that you can add a manual on Willy Sport or Sahara Altitude, so don't think the transmission is in a supply issue as then you wouldn't really be able to select it on any model? Wonder if it's in combination with other options that are causing the issue.
Agreed. Judging from all the reading and other experiences here in the group, it seems like the combo of options and the way they all intertwine are so sensitive.

Definitely doesn't make sense the tranny would only be available on a couple of select models. đŸ€”

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

When I ordered my JLURD last month the color matched hardtops were color restricted. When the dealer tried to enter my order for a granite with matching hardtop it was kicked back as restricted. I ended up ordering a white one instead which went through.

Sponsored

scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
That’s weird. I tried ordering my JLUR yesterday (3.6 eTorque) on a Rubicon and they said that engine was not available on Rubis. The only 3.6 option was the ‘regular’ one and you had to order it with a manual tranny.
What in the heck is going on? Not much sense in even having any sort of build in mind. Just show up at the dealership, sit down at a computer with the sales rep. and "OK. What does Jeep feel like building these days?" 😭

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
It was just a matter of time. Ratbert's analysis is showing that something like only 3% of all Wranglers made have the third pedal, numbers that low are hard to justify in large scale production. When Jeep replaces the base V6 with a reduced output inline 6 then the manual will be gone, there is no plan to offer anything but an automatic going forward.

The 35" tire availability is questionable, I was able to order a set of five last week with no issues.
I am glad I got my Sahara with 3.6 / 6-speed manual. If they want to get rid of the manual, maybe the automatic will be the standard and the manual transmission $2500 or more.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Since the 4.88 gears were only available with the manual I wonder if those are gone also? Or can you order a base Sport with the manual and the 4.88's on those tiny base tires it comes with?

If history is any sort of guide, in the full size truck world the manual disappeared in the higher trim levels first, then went away completely. Rubicon is a high level trim, so...

As was said above, the May order guide is going to be interesting.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Since the 4.88 gears were only available with the manual I wonder if those are gone also? Or can you order a base Sport with the manual and the 4.88's on those tiny base tires it comes with?

If history is any sort of guide, in the full size truck world the manual disappeared in the higher trim levels first, then went away completely. Rubicon is a high level trim, so...

As was said above, the May order guide is going to be interesting.
I think the 4.88’s were only available on the Rubicon trim.

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
I have an Unlimited Willys Sport 6-speed set to be ordered on Monday. Per the configuration preview, it seems confirmed you can at least order a manual on the Sport.

A different dealer told me that the 3.6L wasn't available on the Willys Sport S. So no manual.

4463579D-9CDA-49B5-8BB7-A5F106E9AD6D.jpeg
Sponsored