Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
And steel bumpers are on restriction as well.....
Please look at my signature and tell me if there is anything else that's apart of my order on restriction? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
PM'd you

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
could it be that they're being more careful in Canada in light of the CP4 issues and Recall?

my recall letter says they don't have a solution to the problem yet, but that they're supposed to start doing *something* about it in 2023Q1.
so are the 2023 cp4’s ‘updated’ in any meaningful way?

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
Isn’t Q1 2023…now?

Sponsored

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Please look at my signature and tell me if there is anything else that's apart of my order on restriction? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I would really stress that you reconsider the manual if you plan to use your Rubicon off road .unless willing to go with an aftermarket flywheel/ pressure plate /slave and master .

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I would really stress that you reconsider the manual if you plan to use your Rubicon off road .unless willing to go with an aftermarket flywheel/ pressure plate /slave and master .
it's something I am strongly considering, but I need to look into what aftermarket options there are and learn about the pro-con of each of them. I'm not one to make a purchase blind. I'm also fully aware of the clutch recall, and I still want a manual transmission. It is my one no compromise for my purchase, and until I am able to afford a full EV that has 500+kms range, I'll keep driving a manual transmission. thank you for your concern though.

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
it's something I am strongly considering, but I need to look into what aftermarket options there are and learn about the pro-con of each of them. I'm not one to make a purchase blind. I'm also fully aware of the clutch recall, and I still want a manual transmission. It is my one no compromise for my purchase, and until I am able to afford a full EV that has 500+kms range, I'll keep driving a manual transmission. thank you for your concern though.
As a fellow BC er and a long time manual Jeep owner my Manual JL was the only one i never kept very long . even after a 5:13 re gear .

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
As a fellow BC er and a long time manual Jeep owner my Manual JL was the only one i never kept very long . even after a 5:13 re gear .
Every person is different. We all have our preferences and the things we aren't willing to live with or without. I am not willing to live without manual transmission, and even though that means sacrifices for me (limited engine choices, can't get XR, and 4.58 gearing isn't an option) in choice and what options I can get, I'm okay with it. My vehicle previous to what I'm driving was a '97 Saturn sedan that usually forced you to skip second gear, and I stopped driving it because the frame for it was quite literally rusting apart, and my current '02 Protogé has issues properly getting in to reverse sometimes and occasionally takes multiple toys to get it to go into reverse. I am willing to live with these quirks, and I am okay with it. If I had something like this pop up on a brand new vehicle, I might be less okay with it, and move to get it fixed rather than just live with it. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

That is the engine order codes 26b 26w or whatever the codes are for diesel.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
And as of right now I can order a 26 engine....
Yes, but you however are in the states, this thread is asking about Canadian Diesel orders....

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
And what are they saying?
Sponsored