First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab JL
Occupation
CAD Designer
We just finished a -15 below zero blizzard with 7.5 inches of snow and I am telling you that the Ridge Grappler works just fine. The KM2 OEM tires on my Moab weren't snow rated either and they worked just fine too. The advantage the 255 had was being better in deep snow do to the narrower width than my current 285. I can't comment about the concern over wet traction but keep in mind some parts of the country close schools because of an inch of snow. I really like the ridge grapplers, I picked these for the Jeep after having them installed on my 2500HD two years ago.
Sponsored

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Ok thanks guys for the feedback and advice. Interesting note... the tire guys called me back later in the day to confirm some things. This time it was the sales manager so I asked him the same question and he was even more emphatic about not going with the Ridge Grapplers in cold, snowy and icy weather. I don't think either of them had any direct experience with that particular tire ( because they would have said so if they did ) so I'm taking their feedback as general industry wisdom. That said, I suspect the tire would do better in snow than they suggest. I might hit up Nitto and just ask them directly.
Hey i don't know much about tires but if you are running them in the winter time you should be aware that some highways require a tire that has the 3 mountain symbols on it, couple highways around me require the ms logo on it during those times. Just be aware of it

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
This is great as I am currently looking at rims and tires, after reading this I'll stick with KO2's but size is my next venture, currently running 33's and put a level kit on so as I hi-jack this thread LOL how much difference is there between 33' and 37" regarding weight and actual height? Again, sorry for the HI-Jack....
Sponsored