Nitto Ridge 35s Optimal PSI on JLUR?

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
Okay so I know I’m going to get a lot of S* for not doing a chalk test... but I also know A LOT of folks run the following combo and have done it already, so why not just ask for now, then later I’ll buy some chalk to reconfirm the same PSI works for my area/Jeep (MD/DC)...

What PSI are you running for Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5 R17 (-12 offset) on your JLUR?
  • Your summer vs winter PSI would also be very appreciated (it’s not cold here, but also not hot)...

Thanks for your help and time!
Sponsored

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I run my 37s at 28ish. Id say 35s probably 30.
maybe 28 to 30 with no load

Ron

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Currently running my 315s at 32 lbs gonna chalk test it again tomorrow if it’s dry out.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Been running mine at about 30 PSI. Good post.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Same tires as you for a year now. Been running them at 32-34 PSI all year long.

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Running mine at 30psi now, at 32psi when I chalked it I still had spots (darker unused chalk) on the very edges. I have not chalked it again at 30psi yet. Perhaps I'll do it tomorrow or Wed if the roads are dry. But 30psi should be pretty much on the money for m with Mopar simulated beadlock wheels.

OP
OP
MDRubicon

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
Running mine at 30psi now, at 32psi when I chalked it I still had spots (darker unused chalk) on the very edges. I have not chalked it again at 30psi yet. Perhaps I'll do it tomorrow or Wed if the roads are dry. But 30psi should be pretty much on the money for m with Mopar simulated beadlock wheels.
Awesome thanks! Do you get a low-tire warning with the PSI below 32?

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thanks! Do you get a low-tire warning with the PSI below 32?
No I don't. I told the Jeep mechanic to change the setting to 20 psi when I went in for my first oil change and had the computer re-calibrated to 35" tires (not sure if he actually did or not).

Sponsored

OP
OP
MDRubicon

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
No I don't. I told the Jeep mechanic to change the setting to 20 psi when I went in for my first oil change and had the computer re-calibrated to 35" tires (not sure if he actually did or not).
That’s interesting. I paid my dealership to recalibrate my jeep to 35s too and when I picked it up I asked him if that also meant I can go lower than 32 PSI without causing the light to go off, and he said recalibration doesn’t impact the PSI sensor... however he wasn’t the mechanic, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he just didn’t know what he was talking about.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
That’s interesting. I paid my dealership to recalibrate my jeep to 35s too and when I picked it up I asked him if that also meant I can go lower than 32 PSI without causing the light to go off, and he said recalibration doesn’t impact the PSI sensor... however he wasn’t the mechanic, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he just didn’t know what he was talking about.
I believe it's a separate parameter/setting they can go into and do. I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that it can be set down to 25psi I think, so not sure if he was able to get it to the 20psi I requested. I'll have to drop tire pressure on a tire and drive around the block to see if it sets of any lights. Not sure if I'll have time to do it this week (heading camping) but I will next week if I remember just for the fun of it. I haven't had it anywhere off-road yet that I've needed to go below the 30psi its currently at.

OP
OP
MDRubicon

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
I believe it's a separate parameter/setting they can go into and do. I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that it can be set down to 25psi I think, so not sure if he was able to get it to the 20psi I requested. I'll have to drop tire pressure on a tire and drive around the block to see if it sets of any lights. Not sure if I'll have time to do it this week (heading camping) but I will next week if I remember just for the fun of it. I haven't had it anywhere off-road yet that I've needed to go below the 30psi its currently at.
Awesome well let me know if ya do another chalk test and how it all turns out. Hope you have awesome weather camping - it’s the perfect time of year for it. Thanks!
Sponsored