Sponsored

Nitto 38x13.50r17 Trail Grapplers - First Look + Pics!

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey Everyone,

I just got a set of the new Nitto 38x13.50r17 Trail Grapplers installed and thought I'd post some info for anyone who's interested.

I installed them on some KMC KM235 Grenade Crawl wheels with 3.5" backspacing. I'm running Synergy 3" springs and there is no rubbing on the street. I'm planning to split my fenders and install some American Adventure Lab fender liners to eliminate rubbing at full flex. They drive well so far on road - haven't had a chance to get them dirty yet.

They are 37" tall at 26psi under the weight of the Jeep. They are D load range.

Let me know if there are any other measurements you'd like to see. I unfortunately did not get to weigh them before they were mounted.

There aren't many of these in the channel right now but Nitto is planning to ramp up production soon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38x13.50r17 Trail Grapplers - First Look + Pics! DSCF4114 copy

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38x13.50r17 Trail Grapplers - First Look + Pics! DSCF4026 copy

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38x13.50r17 Trail Grapplers - First Look + Pics! DSCF4072 copy
Sponsored

Last edited:

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Those looks awesome!! I’m a fan of the sidewall you chose. Too many people around my area seem to choose the other sidewall.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Hey Everyone,

I just got a set of the new Nitto 38x13.50r17 Trail Grapplers installed and thought I'd post some info for anyone who's interested.
You my friend take really nice pictures! I appreciate good camerawork.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Those looks awesome!! I’m a fan of the sidewall you chose. Too many people around my area seem to choose the other sidewall.
There's two? I've been looking at this tire in a 34" but don't recall ever seeing an option for different sidewalls?!

Sponsored

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
There's two? I've been looking at this tire in a 34" but don't recall ever seeing an option for different sidewalls?!
Don’t listen to me. I thought they were ridge grapplers.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone,

I installed them on some KMC KM235 Grenade Crawl wheels with 3.5" backspacing. I'm running Synergy 3" springs and there is no rubbing on the street. I'm planning to split my fenders and install some American Adventure Lab fender liners to eliminate rubbing at full flex. They drive well so far on road - haven't had a chance to get them dirty yet.

They are 37" tall at 26psi under the weight of the Jeep. Let me know if there are any other measurements you'd like to see. I unfortunately did not get to weigh them before they were mounted.

There aren't many of these in the channel right now but Nitto is planning to ramp up production soon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38x13.50r17 Trail Grapplers - First Look + Pics! DSCF4072 copy

damn that's hot!!! great mod and sexy AF!!

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
If they are the same as the 37” trail graps then the side walls are slightly different on the different sides. One side is raised more than the other. At a glance they look similar. But different enough to notice once mounted on the rims. Don’t ask me how I know. Lol.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone,

They are 37" tall at 26psi under the weight of the Jeep. Let me know if there are any other measurements you'd like to see. I unfortunately did not get to weigh them before they were mounted.

are you running any spacers with those 13.5 thick tires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
track.n.trail

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
are you running any spacers with those 13.5 thick tires?
Nope, just 3.5” backspacing wheels to clear the control arms and fender liners.

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
track.n.trail

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yeah, TBH I really don't like the other sidewall 😂

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Yeah, TBH I really don't like the other sidewall 😂
I went to the Nitto website and just realized that both designs are on the same tire, you just choose which side to mount outside! That's pretty cool actually. I thought you had to order the appropriate sidewall you liked, but now I get it!

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
i got the baby 34' ones and also like the sidewall he chose

Green Willys.jpg
Sponsored