OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I would have love to stay b.issfully ignorant but lawyers aren't going to be much good to my family if we get killed due to a weld failure.
Sponsored

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
@Capt-Zoom Thanks for putting this together. I wasn't aware of the whistle blower complaint on NHTSA.

I also didn't know that Chrysler or some representative said that if the issue was reported to the state attorney general that they would discontinue investigation. WTH?

I can get a complaint directly to the NC Attorney General's office if needed. There are a LOT of 2018s now rolling around in NC. For FCA to say they will stop investigation into the matter if this is done sounds completely insane to me. :computerrage:
The minute this becomes an investigation by state authorities, FCA will stop any voluntary investigation. Because they would go into a legal defensive posture. They knew about these welds from the get go. And any investigation could easily turn criminal against FCA for willful negligence.

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Ask for an exchange. Some banks allow for a vin swap/ exchange in these situations
I already did. It seems nothing wants to go my way lol. I would have to do a complete new loan and start over. They dont do collateral swaps. Maybe a credit union thing?

I really dont even have a jeep lol. I pay every month to drive a rental car from Enterprise. Right now I have a dodge journey. But last month I had a dodge avenger lol. Good thing is better gas mileage.

OP
OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I already did. It seems nothing wants to go my way lol. I would have to do a complete new loan and start over. They dont do collateral swaps. Maybe a credit union thing?

I really dont even have a jeep lol. I pay every month to drive a rental car from Enterprise. Right now I have a dodge journey. But last month I had a dodge avenger lol. Good thing is better gas mileage.
That is messed up. Sorry man.

Sponsored

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Just curious if anyone was given a timeline on the petition investigation. I'm going to guess if it involves the government it will be very slow going. I will probably just end up trading mine for something else.

Zane6842

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Zane6842

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The minute this becomes an investigation by state authorities, FCA will stop any voluntary investigation. Because they would go into a legal defensive posture. They knew about these welds from the get go. And any investigation could easily turn criminal against FCA for willful negligence.
There is already a active federal investigation by the NHTSA. It is posted on their website.

DNNDRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee, 2012 wrangler unlimited
There is already a active federal investigation by the NHTSA. It is posted on their website.
Agreed, NHTSA replied to our case 11161243 yesterday and stated the investigation is still open under previous compliant cases 11140057 and 11076098 and ours will be added. Recommend everyone with bad welds still submit a case.

DNNDRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After no response since November 2018, i called dealership yesterday January 7, 2019 and requested for the regional customer service manager. They told me they had no such thing and that the dealership has a general manager and that is the last point of contact.

I called the general manager numerous times with no answer, so I left a voicemail. After waiting a day, I decided to send an email and include Mike Manley. Is it even worth my visiting dealership and demanding to see GM?

Cheers!

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
After no response since November 2018, i called dealership yesterday January 7, 2019 and requested for the regional customer service manager. They told me they had no such thing and that the dealership has a general manager and that is the last point of contact.

I called the general manager numerous times with no answer, so I left a voicemail. After waiting a day, I decided to send an email and include Mike Manley. Is it even worth my visiting dealership and demanding to see GM?

Cheers!
Have you contacted @JeepCares to get a case opened and to put you in touch with an FCA rep. They are the ones who reach out to the regional manager. That dealer does have a regional manager, they all do. Sounds like they are being jerks.

DNNDRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you contacted @JeepCares to get a case opened and to put you in touch with an FCA rep. They are the ones who reach out to the regional manager. That dealer does have a regional manager, they all do. Sounds like they are being jerks.
Thanks! We got a hold of Regional Customer Service Manager (after we were lied to and given the run around). appreciate it!

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
They stopped all investigations due to the government shutdown.

DNNDRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone receive an update on nhtsa investigation?

Sebuh

First Name
Sebuh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I bought a 2018 in 2019 and have been driving it for a few months. Was under the jeep today and saw a lot of brown spots. Found this thread and saw what people call porous welds, what ever happened with y'all's cases?

IMG_20200119_230809.jpg
Sponsored