NextVenture rock sliders

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Hey everyone ,

What's everyones opinion of NextVentures rock sliders ? They seem like they would be a good fit for me. I have a 2021 Rubicon XR, been to Moab and Sand Hollow so far.

Going to colorado and moab again next week..

Does anyone have these, how do you like them ? Did you get the aluminum inserts for an extra $500 and would you do it agian?

https://nextventuremotorsports.com/...unted-rimrocker-series?variant=38141085286593
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Couple of things...

1) I do like them and they look beefy
2) I can't afford them since I am not a CEO of a company
3) If you are trying to find something before your trip, you should have started about 2+ months ago. Those state they have an 8 week ship time.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I'm not looking for something before the trip ... Just trying to give an idea of what kind of jeeping I do ... Since everytime someone asks which bumper / winch / rock sliders to get, the question always comes up as to if your a mall crawler, or LIte Brite wanna be . . .

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Couple of things...

1) I do like them and they look beefy
2) I can't afford them since I am not a CEO of a company
3) If you are trying to find something before your trip, you should have started about 2+ months ago. Those state they have an 8 week ship time.
And their eight week ship time is optimistic at best. I ordered one of their front diff skids in March (only since I had a discount code) and checked in at 8 weeks in May, and was told another couple of months still yet. Cancelled my order and went with an ARB front cover.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I'm not looking for something before the trip ... Just trying to give an idea of what kind of jeeping I do ... Since everytime someone asks which bumper / winch / rock sliders to get, the question always comes up as to if your a mall crawler, or LIte Brite wanna be . . .
Well, it is a fair question as to determine your Jeep usage if people are trying to assist. Though there are plenty of mall crawlers that have top of the line gear and never use it. And while I used to watch Lite Bite, they are far from posers.

Your question was about the sliders and not what type of gear you'd need in UT/CO. It will vary WIDELY. Plenty of trails in both states that a stock Jeep can do and plenty of others that require 40's, lockers, skids, etc.

If you are asking what trails to do, that is a different question. I have been around Moab and live in CO and done a decent amount of trails here as well. Most trails you can get by without sliders until you start getting up to 7+ rated trails. Same is going to apply to Moab. Though you can still get away without sliders with good lines.

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I'm leaning pretty heavy on getting there sliders.. . Not sure I need the aluminum inserts though ...

How easy will the 2" steel dent if hitting rocks a little bit ? When they say 120 wall, are they saying the wall thickness is 120" thick ? Is that overkill, or just enough ?

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
Nextventure stuff seems top notch. These sliders were built with partnership with Litebrite who kept smashing up their rockers attempting crazy stuff.

Supposedly these are very heavy, and IMO will be overkill unless you are really getting into some serious rocks with your jeep and like to smash on the skinny pedal.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@191185 - if they are built anything like their differential skid plates, there are not enough rocks to destroy them--something else would break first.

NV stuff is top notch and ultra heavy duty.

PS....120" wall is 1/8" thick and when combined with the 3/16" and 1/4" plate will be seriously strong.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
@191185 - if they are built anything like their differential skid plates, there are not enough rocks to destroy them--something else would break first.

NV stuff is top notch and ultra heavy duty.

PS....120" wall is 1/8" thick and when combined with the 3/16" and 1/4" plate will be seriously strong.

So I might not need the aluminum inserts for an extra $500 ?

i was thinking even if I did dent the steel tube, couldn't I cut it out and re-weld new steel in ? Sounds cheaper than the $500 aluminum ...

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
So I might not need the aluminum inserts for an extra $500 ?

i was thinking even if I did dent the steel tube, couldn't I cut it out and re-weld new steel in ? Sounds cheaper than the $500 aluminum ...
I guess it would depend on if you think you are going to land hard on the rocks. 2" OD pipe with 1/8" wall is strong, but you could dent/bend it if you land on it hard enough. You could definitely cut/replace the tube if it was damaged. The aluminum just prevents the tube from denting/bending--BUT with that said, it means the force has to be transferred somewhere.

I also see you have to notch the pinch seam--not a big deal, but something to consider.
Sponsored