TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m assuming you don’t need those outside brackets. My Evo 1/4 pounder bumper instructions doesn’t use them. You could also do a little bit of cutting on the bracket to make it fit.
Sponsored

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I’m assuming you don’t need those outside brackets. My Evo 1/4 pounder bumper instructions doesn’t use them. You could also do a little bit of cutting on the bracket to make it fit.
I'm not really keen to only have it mounted with 2 bolts per side. These guys said they were able to just bolt it on, so I want to get their opinion.

proptied

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR Snazz
I'm trying to dry fit this today, how did you guys get it to clear the frame horns? Did you have to trim it? Also how did you get the 1 carriage and 1 tight clearance hex bolt through the bumper plate? Short of grinding them down I'm not sure how they are supposed to fit.

For the life of me I cannot find an instruction from them online which is frustrating.

PXL_20220501_193201529.jpg

PXL_20220501_193223939.jpg
I didn't have a manual when I installed mine a little while back, but the diagram in the box the parts came in made it fairly self explanatory.
Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper IMG_0865

Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper IMG_0866

Yes, the brackets you're referring to are no longer used. I actually tried to use them for extra reinforcement. The insides ones wouldn't fit without longer bolts and the outside ones wouldn't fit without a lot of grinding so I scrapped them all. I believe the intention of the tab that the 3/8"-16 bolts (#4 in first diagram) to is suppose to make for the frame reinforcement brackets.

The 1/2"-13 hex bolts (#6 in first diagram) I reversed: insert bolt from rear and put nut in front.
Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper IMG_0923

The carriage bolt that I believe you're referring to (#3) I was able persuade in to the slot without too much of a fuss with a little leverage. The aluminum is soft and moved out of the way. :)

Once you get it installed I think you'll really like it. Happy to answer any installation questions if you haven't already finished. I'm in the middle of swapping winch lines, so if you need any pictures, let me know!

Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper IMG_0927

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I didn't have a manual when I installed mine a little while back, but the diagram in the box the parts came in made it fairly self explanatory.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately none of my boxes came with a diagram, but I must say they did a really good job with the rest of the packaging.

I actually called them and asked their tech support guy how to get the carriage bolt in. He and their shipper were quite stumped and basically agreed that it was a design flaw. They are going to be grinding down one side of the carriage bolt and mailing it out. They also said that they would be including 2 ground carriage bolts in future shipments.

I'm thoroughly stoked to wrap up the install. I just need to dry fit the rear bumper and then it's off to powder coat. I've had some customizations done that some may find interesting! 😉

Your rig looks great btw!

Surfarch

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURxR
Installing mine this weekend with skid plate, bull bar, winch and lights. Would love to see pics of everyone's with lights. I have Baja Designs LP4s but not sure how best to add them. Maybe under the bar with a pipe strap? I plan to add fog lights too, so need to save space for them. There's not much space on the sides for lights with the bull bar. Would love to find a way to make a fog light work in the skid somehow. Please send more pics if you have them. Can't find much online.

20220607_170626.jpg

20220607_170643.jpg

Sponsored

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Here's mine all installed. I went with a matte black powder coat, body matched logo plate and flush mounted Baja Squadron Pro's installed in the skid. Up next is the rear+tire carrier.

Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper PXL_20220611_211103946~2

Last edited:

Surfarch

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURxR
Here's mine all installed. I went with a matte black powder coat, body matched logo plate and flush mounted Baja Squadron Pro's installed in the skid. Up next is the rear+tire carrier.

Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper PXL_20220611_211103946~2
Nice! How was it getting those squadrons in the skid?

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Nice! How was it getting those squadrons in the skid?
You can fit an S1 without modification, for the S2 you need to enlarge and shape the openings to match the template of the S2. I took it to a local welding shop and they used a plasma cutter and a grinder. In order to get them to work with the stock switch I took the factory harness from the original plastic bumper, shortened it, and swapped out the end connectors to match the S2s. I think I have a picture of it somewhere. If I find it I will upload it.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance

PXL_20220611_211103946~2.jpg
Are you able to situate the winch cables in a more sanitized fashion?
I am waiting for this same bumper to get delivered and have a VR 10s to drop in, I presume yours is the same.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Are you able to situate the winch cables in a more sanitized fashion?
I am waiting for this same bumper to get delivered and have a VR 10s to drop in, I presume yours is the same.
I suppose it's doable, but it mounts really close to the grill. I decided it was better to sacrifice aesthetics and not have the wires sharply bent.
Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper PXL_20220612_015938169
Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper PXL_20220612_015910950

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I suppose it's doable, but it mounts really close to the grill. I decided it was better to sacrifice aesthetics and not have the wires sharply bent.
Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper PXL_20220612_015910950
I am hoping to route under the grille. Time will tell if that works out.

Apples491

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR in Hydro Blue, 2004 Lexus GX470
Once you get it installed I think you'll really like it. Happy to answer any installation questions if you haven't already finished. I'm in the middle of swapping winch lines, so if you need any pictures, let me know!

Jeep Wrangler JL Next Venture Motorsports Front Aluminum bumper 20220611_191131
Those look like BD Squadrons. I'm looking to mount mine in the same location and was just looking at it today trying to figure out how to cleanly run the wiring. May I ask how you ran yours?

proptied

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR Snazz
Those look like BD Squadrons. I'm looking to mount mine in the same location and was just looking at it today trying to figure out how to cleanly run the wiring. May I ask how you ran yours?
Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs actually. I first removed the factory fog wiring harness from the original bumper. Then just used a Deutsch DT to 5202 adapter from DD to that harness to basically be plug and play… they turn on/off with the factory fog button.
Sponsored