Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nextventuremotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 Willys VJ, 1973 Jeep Commando, 18 JL , 21 JT
Occupation
CAD Designer, Adventure Machine Outfitter
Hope everyone is getting ready for some turkey and a long a weekend. Here are the Black Friday deals we are running through Sunday!

Black Friday 2019.jpg

30% OFF + Free Shipping on Bumpers! Use code "BF30" during checkout.
25% OFF + Free Shipping on everything else we make! Use code "BF25" during checkout.

These deals are valid on orders over $99; valid only on items that are in stock.

Expires 12/1/19
Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
Hope everyone is getting ready for some turkey and a long a weekend. Here are the Black Friday deals we are running through Sunday!

Black Friday 2019.jpg

30% OFF + Free Shipping on Bumpers! Use code "BF30" during checkout.
25% OFF + Free Shipping on everything else we make! Use code "BF25" during checkout.

These deals are valid on orders over $99; valid only on items that are in stock.

Expires 12/1/19
dan,
when will the front diff skid plate be available for the JLR?
thanks,

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
dan,
when will the front diff skid plate be available for the JLR?
thanks,
I'm curious...if you have an upgraded dif cover, what do you need a skid plate for in the front?

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious...if you have an upgraded dif cover, what do you need a skid plate for in the front?
the front can get banged a little and the drain plug is at the bottom of the diff, and I have not upgraded the front diff cover yet. Was planning on upgrading the diff cover and adding diff skid at same time. Also, I've got the rear diff and rear diff skid from next venture and want to match the front. It was my understanding that the front skid will be available soon. so a little protection and a little cosmetic.

Last edited:

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the front can get banged a little and the drain plug is at the bottom of the diff, and I have not upgraded the front diff cover yet. Was planning on upgrading the diff cover and adding diff skid at same time. Also, I've got the rear diff and rear diff skid from next venture and want to match the front. It was my understanding that the front skid will be available soon. so a little protection and a little cosmetic.
For the front drain plug, just back it out one turn, hit it with a flapper wheel on an angle grinder until it's flush, then tighten it. It'll be recessed and should never be a problem.

I have their rear skid and covers, and the covers will go on this weekend. Kind of wonky, but I believe the stock bolts are 10.9, but the included dif cover socket bolts are, I think, only 8.8, but then you have to grab another wrench for the rear 12-point diff skid bolts where it goes over the cover. As if the cover and skid were from different vendors entirely. I don't see a good reason for that goofiness.

Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the front drain plug, just back it out one turn, hit it with a flapper wheel on an angle grinder until it's flush, then tighten it. It'll be recessed and should never be a problem.

I have their rear skid and covers, and the covers will go on this weekend. Kind of wonky, but I believe the stock bolts are 10.9, but the included dif cover socket bolts are, I think, only 8.8, but then you have to grab another wrench for the rear 12-point diff skid bolts where it goes over the cover. As if the cover and skid were from different vendors entirely. I don't see a good reason for that goofiness.
Thanks. Good advice.

Agree. Some of it should have been more consistent.

I’ve installed the rear diff cover and rear diff skid a month or so ago. The diff cover was a zero in difficulty, but the skid was not as easy. I had trouble with the nutsticks, but it might have been something I did wrong.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Good advice.

Agree. Some of it should have been more consistent.

I’ve installed the rear diff cover and rear diff skid a month or so ago. The diff cover was a zero in difficulty, but the skid was not as easy. I had trouble with the nutsticks, but it might have been something I did wrong.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Make sure the nutstick bolts were 1-1/4". Mine came with 1" bolts, and it was a real bear. I fought those things for way too long. I had one 1-1/4" bolt from my garage to get it going, and Dan sent me new 1-1/4" bolts - that makes the job so much easier.
Sponsored