Big Red Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ; 2014 FLHTK
Actually, the 2021 model still has Uconnect 4 :crying:
Yes, the 2021 JLUR I took ownership of in 9/2020 has the 4 version. What garbage. GPS location off by hundreds of miles.
FCA needs to address this! Perhaps a class action will escalate their solution...
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the 2021 JLUR I took ownership of in 9/2020 has the 4 version. What garbage. GPS location off by hundreds of miles.
FCA needs to address this! Perhaps a class action will escalate their solution...
If your GPS location is off by that much, then have the dealership confirm your "aircard" or the Cell connection is working on the radio unit. I have a replacement radio unit installation scheduled for next Friday due to loss of this signal. According to the dealer, the GPS for Navigation, etc., is actually based off of the Cell Signal. This also impacts the ability to use the Jeeps SOS/911 buttons. I can confirm that the Jeeps ability to call into Sirius XM support, use the SOS buttons, etc., all went down the same time it lost Satellite connections for GPS NAV.

Big Red Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ; 2014 FLHTK
If your GPS location is off by that much, then have the dealership confirm your "aircard" or the Cell connection is working on the radio unit. I have a replacement radio unit installation scheduled for next Friday due to loss of this signal. According to the dealer, the GPS for Navigation, etc., is actually based off of the Cell Signal. This also impacts the ability to use the Jeeps SOS/911 buttons. I can confirm that the Jeeps ability to call into Sirius XM support, use the SOS buttons, etc., all went down the same time it lost Satellite connections for GPS NAV.
Thanks for the information. I will call the dealer and speak to my service advisor. Please let me know if the radio replacement resolved this issue.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
All Uconnect product lines are switching over. It has already been decided. They don’t want to maintain two infotainment lines. The question is at what point in the 2021 cycle the changeover is to occur.
Will I be able to buy a Uconnect 5 system and put it in my 2021 Rubi which has the Uconnect 4?

Big Red Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ; 2014 FLHTK
Took it to dealer. They are replacing my radio...
As far as I know version 5 is not available for wrangler yet.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
What vehicles do the 5s come on currently ?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Took it to dealer. They are replacing my radio...
As far as I know version 5 is not available for wrangler yet.
I'll let you know what happens post replacement.
I'm more worried about making sure they transfer over all my current subscriptions, etc. Example: My vehicle came with a deal providing Navigation for 5years at no cost.

Glad to hear they are providing a replacement for you. Hopefully they have the parts and/or they can get them in for you quickly.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
You couldn't pay me enough money to have a Uconnect system in an automobile again. Too glitchy. Critical functions may or may not work (back-up camera), It may connect or may not. Way too many problems for too many people. A trash system. Now it will be a glitchy trash system that does wireless airplay.... sometimes.... on Thursdays... if the wind is blowing the right direction...for a few minutes... and then .... not.

Big Red Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ; 2014 FLHTK
I'll let you know what happens post replacement.
I'm more worried about making sure they transfer over all my current subscriptions, etc. Example: My vehicle came with a deal providing Navigation for 5years at no cost.

Glad to hear they are providing a replacement for you. Hopefully, they have the parts and/or they can get them in for you quickly.
Thes estimate 1 week for the radio delivery and a 45-minute install. I also have the 5 yr deal and I will check everything before I leave that dealership.

Big Red Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ; 2014 FLHTK
You couldn't pay me enough money to have a Uconnect system in an automobile again. Too glitchy. Critical functions may or may not work (back-up camera), It may connect or may not. Way too many problems for too many people. A trash system. Now it will be a glitchy trash system that does wireless airplay.... sometimes.... on Thursdays... if the wind is blowing the right direction...for a few minutes... and then .... not.
:) I can relate to that.

The Jeep Alpine system and the 8.4 radio was about $1800 MSRP. I could have gotten a great aftermarket for that price. I went with the Uconnect for convenience (my bad). This is my 3rd rubicon and I never had any issues with Uconnect on the other 2.

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
:) I can relate to that.

The Jeep Alpine system and the 8.4 radio was about $1800 MSRP. I could have gotten a great aftermarket for that price. I went with the Uconnect for convenience (my bad). This is my 3rd rubicon and I never had any issues with Uconnect on the other 2.
Yeah, my 8.4 just went nuts a few weeks ago and I'm replacing with the heigh10. Lose no functionality from the 8.4 (except compass in center display-- shows in main) and adds some taser like functionality (persistent ESS off, for example) as well as better audio, better interface etc.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Will I be able to buy a Uconnect 5 system and put it in my 2021 Rubi which has the Uconnect 4?
The consensus has been probably not but no one knows for sure yet. I was going to look at trading my JLUR for the 392 but am waiting until Uconnect 5 is on the 392. It is a huge improvement and uses industry standard underpinnings in the form of an Android based system. I also want wireless CarPlay without the third party dongle. I wouldn’t be trading just to get Uconnect 5 but it is enough to get me to hold off until it comes out.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Yeah, my 8.4 just went nuts a few weeks ago and I'm replacing with the heigh10. Lose no functionality from the 8.4 (except compass in center display-- shows in main) and adds some taser like functionality (persistent ESS off, for example) as well as better audio, better interface etc.
Does it have aux switch settings?
Sponsored