First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I just don’t understand the paranoia some people have against technology. It’s comical! Listen away Amazon, I’m not ashamed!
Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
For those that have it already, when you plug in your cell (Apple or Android) to charge, I assume in the UConnect Settings and/or the cell phone's settings, you have the ability to disable the AA / ACar Play, correct ? This way you would only use the cable for charging and still stream audio (downloaded music/Pandora) and regular phone functions via Bluetooth, is that also correct ?

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
For those that have it already, when you plug in your cell (Apple or Android) to charge, I assume in the UConnect Settings and/or the cell phone's settings, you have the ability to disable the AA / ACar Play, correct ? This way you would only use the cable for charging and still stream audio (downloaded music/Pandora) and regular phone functions via Bluetooth, is that also correct ?
I think the disable is performed in the AAuto app, not UConnect.

Johns19Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
What kind of update to the U4 we have in the 2018/2020 models should we expect that could bring us closer to this level of customization?

Johns19Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I just don’t understand the paranoia some people have against technology. It’s comical! Listen away Amazon, I’m not ashamed!
I do agree. You want to hack my Ring doorbell go ahead. What I DON'T like is the flood of email ads and other marketing crap that follows me everywhere I go online, at home, etc...

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I do agree. You want to hack my Ring doorbell go ahead. What I DON'T like is the flood of email ads and other marketing crap that follows me everywhere I go online, at home, etc...
For me, it just results in ads for Jeep parts on every website I visit. I consider that a bonus!

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
What are the odds this Uconnect 5 system lands in the 2021 wrangler? Best guess is that the wrangler maintains the 8.4" screen form factor but I would welcome the newer internal hardware changes.
I've been biting at the chomps to order a rubi diesel but I'm leaning more and more towards pulling the trigger this summer when the 2021 is released and new hardware in this category would be a huge plus considering how dated the existing Uconnect 4 system and hardware is.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
RE: Alexa, no thanks.
Though since UConnect 5 is going to be on an Android OS, if I could get my Google Assistant in the car, and it was integrated with some of the UConnect apps that would be rad.
So while I'm driving if I could say "Okay Google ... open Pandora" or " ... increase the cabin temp 10 degrees" or " ... how do I get to Foresthill OHV Area" or " ... turn on the windshield wipers" ... how cool would that be?

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
It'll probably make its way when the Wrangler gets a midlife cycle refresh like the JK had in 2010. It'll debut in the WL Grand Cherokee first before it ever is seen in the Wrangler.

"Most screen area ever offered in an FCA product at 12.3 inches supports up to 15 million pixels in Ultra HD"

That's going to require an entirely different dashboard layout.
According to FCA. The great thing about it being Android based is that Uconnect 5 will be a "responsive system" and so it will be able to scale/stretch to any screen size across all FCA products. So whether it's an 8 or 12 inch screen, portrait or landscape. It will be compatible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I was hoping the 392 would have 5. I guess I can wait for 2022.
I'm hoping we see an expedited refresh because of the Bronco but right now I'm thinking it'll be 2023 MY.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It will be at some point in 2021 as all the 2022 MY vehicles will be on 5.
I hope so. Bronco should encourage them into refreshing earlier. JK did refresh for MY 5 but TJ refresh came on MY 7. Interior is very modern still compared to other vehicles of it's class even the Bronco... I think they'll trickle in updates and a 'refresh' won't come until closer to the TJ's time frame this go around. A major refresh before then seems awfully expensive for not much upside.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I hope so. Bronco should encourage them into refreshing earlier. JK did refresh for MY 5 but TJ refresh came on MY 7. Interior is very modern still compared to other vehicles of it's class even the Bronco... I think they'll trickle in updates and a 'refresh' won't come until closer to the TJ's time frame this go around. A major refresh before then seems awfully expensive for not much upside.
All Uconnect product lines are switching over. It has already been decided. They don’t want to maintain two infotainment lines. The question is at what point in the 2021 cycle the changeover is to occur.
Sponsored