Sponsored

Newest member to our Jeep family, (Willy's!)

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Hola group,

Just wanted to share a new edition to our growing Jeep family. It's been taking me a bit to create and "mod" her. A nice 1/10 Willy's, via my 3D printer. Hoping to have her ready for the trails in the next couple of months. I'll be adding the R/C components soon. For grins, I also printed out a 5 gallon Jerry can.

Everything is printed via my 3D printer, less the electronic components and the tires. (All courtesy of the Ossum Willy's Jeep, via the Thingeverse website). :)

If folks are interested, I'll post updates.

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG
Sponsored

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Very interested in the whole process. I have a prusa mk3 and a scale Rc nerd too lol.

I have not tried to create scale rc from the frame up. That is awesome! More more more!

OP
OP
javelina

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks! you bet, I'll post some more updates as they come. Do check out the Ossum Willy's (and 1/10 mods), via Thingeverse.com.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
¡muy frio! ¡Tu continua!

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Dayum, I’m thrilled when I successfully execute an order on Amazon on the first try.

That’s just amazing to me. Unfathomable.

No entiendo.

But I love it.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Is that very cool, you continue?? My Spanish is really rusty, only a couple classes back in school....:)
Si, Señor.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
thanks! you bet, I'll post some more updates as they come. Do check out the Ossum Willy's (and 1/10 mods), via Thingeverse.com.
When you can would you mind listing the brand and type of materials used, and the printer. Thanks!

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hola group,

Just wanted to share a new edition to our growing Jeep family. It's been taking me a bit to create and "mod" her. A nice 1/10 Willy's, via my 3D printer. Hoping to have her ready for the trails in the next couple of months. I'll be adding the R/C components soon. For grins, I also printed out a 5 gallon Jerry can.

Everything is printed via my 3D printer, less the electronic components and the tires. (All courtesy of the Ossum Willy's Jeep, via the Thingeverse website). :)

If folks are interested, I'll post updates.

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG
Very cool dude! I see the 9 slot grille, that means that Jeep was made by Ford. When Jeep went on it’s own they had to go to 7 slot because the 9 slot was a Ford trademark. I don’t know what year that was however, maybe someone will let me know...:)

OP
OP
javelina

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool dude! I see the 9 slot grille, that means that Jeep was made by Ford. When Jeep went on it’s own they had to go to 7 slot because the 9 slot was a Ford trademark. I don’t know what year that was however, maybe someone will let me know...:)
Interesting, and cool catch! (did not know that!)

OP
OP
javelina

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that very cool, you continue?? My Spanish is really rusty, only a couple classes back in school....:)
I'm sure much better than mine. I have teammates in Guadalajara, though they must speak English (for work), but will "school" me if I try to speak Spanish to them. ;)

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Seems like every once in a while, a thread comes along that just promises to be TOO
MUCH FUN!

I’m thinking this may be one of those times.

Hope so! Can’t wait for the video of that little rascal going airborne!

Thanks Javelina!

OP
OP
javelina

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you can would you mind listing the brand and type of materials used, and the printer. Thanks!
You bet buddy!
I'm using a Creality CR-10s, but with ton's of mods to improve it! (There is a wealth of information on how to mod this particular 3D printer). I've printed everything out via PLA filament. I'm having real good luck with the Hatchbox, via Amazon. If you follow the Ossum Willy's Jeep build, via Thingeverse, the originator has built it via ABS filament. I did not want to run at those temp's, so I went with PLA. I'm having great results with PLA!

To folks outside of Dvol and myself. Please be aware, 3D printing can be a Rabbit hole!!!! It's such a fun hobby, so beware. You'll be on an endless path. I can't tell you how many projects I've gone with, just for my granddaughters. It's really a fun hobby, but requires a bit of tuning here and there to get things right.... :)
Sponsored