Newbie-Please Help!

Boehman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Trying to put my driver side door back on, the bar/piece that gets bolted into the main Jeep frame somehow got pushed back inside the door. I can't get it pulled out to put the bolt back in place. What should I do?! Any advice, any help, is greatly appreciated. I've attached a picture.
Jeep Wrangler JL Newbie-Please Help! IMG_20200910_200613
Sponsored

gentryTX

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've heard some people say grab on to it with some vice grips and work it out.

Same thing happened to me on my passenger door when I first bought my Jeep over 2 years ago. Ended up pushing in my driver side door too! One less bolt to take out. I quit putting my door hinge bolts in too. All I have to do now is disconnect the connector and wire strap and good to go.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to put my driver side door back on, the bar/piece that gets bolted into the main Jeep frame somehow got pushed back inside the door. I can't get it pulled out to put the bolt back in place. What should I do?! Any advice, any help, is greatly appreciated. I've attached a picture.
Jeep Wrangler JL Newbie-Please Help! IMG_20200910_200613
I've heard people taking some shoe string or paracord and tying it on there and then pulling REALLY hard to get it back out. It will come out but it will fight you.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Grab the flat surface with a pair of vise-grips; maybe wrap the teeth in some electrical or duct tape to keep from scratching the latch. You can also stick a screwdriver through the hole and pull. You don't have to pull it out completely... just enough to expose enough of the hole to get the bolt through. Screw enough of the bolt into the door and GENTLY push the door open... it will extend out to its normal position.

All of this sounds very dirty.

And don't let it happen again! That's what I told myself when it happened to me.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
The amount of Force that is needed to pull the “Door Checks” out is pretty extensive. My wife told that when I said a few choice words it helped to pull them out. Btw, “Door Checks” is a fairly common term for these used in the auto industry.

I put them into my doors once because I thought it would keep them out of the way to not scratch the paint when putting the doors back on. Last time I will do that trust me!!!!!

I put a screwdriver through the bolt hole and that helped with pulling out the Door Checks. Good luck!!!
Sponsored